Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

Nixon also revealed before Derby did that Bryson had signed a new contract, but was shocked there was no announcement.

I think Nixon had all the relevant information taken from the Burnley end of the deal and they thought they had a deal.

No he didn't - he said there'd been talks but not signed otherwise there would have been an announcement

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon got his spoon out though didn't he?

PFA this and big problems that. Knobber. The DET reports mostly on things that happened. Not wild speculation and rumours backed by fantasy.

I'm sure if Mackworth Ram found out about Bryson then local journalists knew too. Unlike Nixon though they don't jump in with both feet.

Oh I'm sure he hears stuff. We can all be sure of that. He shouts it from the rooftops and adds his own bits in to make a blockbuster rumour. Then he blocks people who ask him hard questions.

Personally I'm perfectly happy to get news reports rather than speculation. A bit of ITK is alright but too many people suck it right up. That's why more affectionate media sorts are... slower/quieter? To avoid a frenzy. Not Nixon. Attention whore

I still have the suspicion that he's basically trying to build a reputation by cold reading transfer gossip, then throwing in the little bits and bobs he hears. He may have heard the clause, heard that Burnley were interested, heard about the bid and thought "Well, I'd go to a Premier League club" and just ran with it. I'd be very interested to know what's going to happen about the PFA rumours though, as that is a serious allegation to make, if it never happened... oh deary dear...

Nixon got his spoon out though didn't he?

PFA this and big problems that. Knobber. The DET reports mostly on things that happened. Not wild speculation and rumours backed by fantasy.

I'm sure if Mackworth Ram found out about Bryson then local journalists knew too. Unlike Nixon though they don't jump in with both feet.

Oh I'm sure he hears stuff. We can all be sure of that. He shouts it from the rooftops and adds his own bits in to make a blockbuster rumour. Then he blocks people who ask him hard questions.

Personally I'm perfectly happy to get news reports rather than speculation. A bit of ITK is alright but too many people suck it right up. That's why more affectionate media sorts are... slower/quieter? To avoid a frenzy. Not Nixon. Attention whore

The only conclusion I came to is

It's his personal twitter account, don't think people realise this and no wonder he's banning people.

Things can change very quickly in football, doesn't mean Nixon is changing his story it's just things have changed. Look at Lescott all but signed for Hull, next day signs for WBA. People ask Nixon what he knows and fair play to him he replies to most, his sources maybe agents that are playing him to get their players name out there, I'm sure he takes half of it with a pinch of salt but has to go with it because sometimes it can be true and he can pull it off....Roos, Wisdom.

The people who hang off his every word are probably the same that thought we was going to win the World Cup because the media built us up.

If you don't believe he knows anything STOP looking at his twitter account!

The thing is I don't bother with twitter, and wouldn't seek him out, but so many people come on here and say things like:

"Alan Nixon says..."

That gets annoying. I'm sure he has had some kind of information before, but he seems to ham it up a lot, and it seems he tends to like hand wavey nonsense posts that suggest things might be happening, then points people to the papers. That just seems suspicious.

Nixon's tweets that are not replies to other people

He's not out there pumping ****** out like some of those twitter accounts, even his account is in lockdown so doesn't show up in the search, what he does do is reply to peoples questions. How that can be classed as milking it I'll never know. Maybe he should ignore people instead.....oh but we wouldn't have heard about Wisdom, Bamford and Roos news as early.

The thing is I don't bother with twitter, and wouldn't seek him out, but so many people come on here and say things like:

"Alan Nixon says..."

That gets annoying. I'm sure he has had some kind of information before, but he seems to ham it up a lot, and it seems he tends to like hand wavey nonsense posts that suggest things might be happening, then points people to the papers. That just seems suspicious.

I would rather see a Nixon says this about Eagles than 5 pages of bird puns, but I just have to ignore them and hope to see a Nixon says in there to give us something to discuss.

I would rather see a Nixon says this about Eagles than 5 pages of bird puns, but I just have to ignore them and hope to see a Nixon says in there to give us something to discuss.

You whine about puns, then with your next click you post screenshot which includes a tweet which mentions sheepdog trials - and to cap it all you don't tell us whether they were found guilty.

Poor show.

I'm with you Albert.

It is actually worth hearing him out. He does clearly get info and it's cool if we aren't taking it in as gospel.

Daveo touched on it. There's a massive problem with our media and football. They make life incredibly difficult by dramatising everything. They'll never stop.

So it's only little things like this where it feels good to have the on the ropes for a moment.

They'll always win. England have been taking World Cups by storm and then coming home as embarrassing flops for as long as I can remember.

And the number of "scathing attacks" that are launched!!

Isn't it called defamation or summat?

Me too.

tbf, I don't go on twitter. I base a lot of what I know about Nixon on the "Nixon said..." talk.

Just think it's a remarkable turnaround for say Bryson to go from PFA to 5yr deal. That's a huuuuge step.

I don't want the guy to be buried in the desert. Just perhaps go easy on the drama. There's reputations on the line.

For a while, if Nixon didn't see it then it didn't exist. Nice to see him wobble on that perch. Just a bit.

It all depends on who you know, like I said I think Nixon's source was predominantly Burnley's source to the deal too.

He won't know everything, because he doesn't have a source on every deal. I do believe he knows quite a lot though and is willing to share it.

I think his record is pretty good, he'll hear a lot of stuff that doesn't happen. I don't think that's to say he is 'rumour-mongering' but more to say that a lot of stuff just doesn't happen.

As Daveo said, you can choose to ignore it but I think he nails too many deals to avoid it. I saw on a Burnley forum that last season, he got every single deal they had correct days before. Another reason why I think he has a strong source at Burnley. 

The only thing with Nixon and this bryson saga is he's not really admitted he was wrong. Was very smug in telling Derby fans Bryson was on his was last week to Burnley, and the deals been signed and the first thing he does is start stirring the pot again regarding other players money and potential signings wanting more money now Bryson has. 

The only thing with Nixon and this bryson saga is he's not really admitted he was wrong. Was very smug in telling Derby fans Bryson was on his was last week to Burnley, and the deals been signed and the first thing he does is start stirring the pot again regarding other players money and potential signings wanting more money now Bryson has.

But by the sounds of McClarens comments, Bryson was on the way to Burnley last week, so has Nixon got anything wrong? The deal only really turned in our favour on Wednesday

Archived