Chile(s) v Aussies

mozza

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A young, injury depleted side and it looked it early on. Recovered well and they found a goal. Not sure how that second half is going to go though, Australia has been in Brazil for the longest apart from Brazil themselves, so will hopefully be best prepared for the conditions second half.

Hopefully Australia can get something out of this match, but as Chile have already shown, they can be lethal when they get the chance.

A young, injury depleted side and it looked it early on. Recovered well and they found a goal. Not sure how that second half is going to go though, Australia has been in Brazil for the longest apart from Brazil themselves, so will hopefully be best prepared for the conditions second half.

Hopefully Australia can get something out of this match, but as Chile have already shown, they can be lethal when they get the chance.

thank you for showing an interest , Albert , i'm off to bed now , goodnight ..

:)

Proud of the side for that performance. Pushed Chile all through that second half.

Leckie, as well as Cahill and Bresciano were all in fine touch. If Australia leave the group with no points, but play like that I can't see how anyone couldn't be proud of their performances.

Based on that game, I thought Leckie and Spiranovic could both do a job for us...

Leckie recently moved to a 2.Bundesliga side for next season, Spiranovic signed a new deal at the Western Sydney Wanderers.

The most technically gifted of the young players is probably Oar, but he didn't have his best game.

Leckie recently moved to a 2.Bundesliga side for next season, Spiranovic signed a new deal at the Western Sydney Wanderers.

The most technically gifted of the young players is probably Oar, but he didn't have his best game.

I though that Troisi looked decent when he came on. Good on the ball with a fair bit of pace as well.

Saw the last half an hour (had to walk home from Download) - looked to be a cracking match. Am I right in assuming that the scoreline flattered Chile somewhat?

Not if you only watched the first half hour. 1 way traffic

It was pretty even for the first about 10 minutes, then Chile turned on the style. 2 goals in about 2 minutes, made Australia look out of their depth, before it became pretty even again before Australia started to put Chile under pressure. That sort of thing can happen with a young squad with such limited experience.

Saw the last half an hour (had to walk home from Download) - looked to be a cracking match. Am I right in assuming that the scoreline flattered Chile somewhat?

Chile made Australia look silly for about 10-15 minutes, starting pretty much with the two goals, but to be honest it could have got either way from there. You just have to look at the face of their coach in the second half to see that Australia was giving him the scare of his life.

Archived