Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else noticed that Bryson is not on any of the Derby training pictures on the club website/ twitter account

He is.

Excellent point Albert

Whilst the Suarez clause appears to be slightly different, the comments from Liverpool at the time were very revealing. In essence they said that given the large no. of examples when players have just refused to honour their side of the contract especially when wanting a transfer, why should the club always have to fulfil its obligations promptly and in full.

Paperwork can get lost, just as easily as players can on their way to the training ground

Talks with Bryson about new contract... Proposed 4years contract at Derby County. Mac trying to convince the player to stay at the club.

Go on Bryso sign it up lad :D

Talks with Bryson about new contract... Proposed 4years contract at Derby County. Mac trying to convince the player to stay at the club.

Go on Bryso sign it up lad :D

A 4 year deal with this much pressure and interest about a deal. He'd be what... 31 going on 32 at the deals end. A good contract now could seem him be a key member if the club did win promotion this coming season too.

To be completely, brutally honest, I think Bryson is the kind of player who needs to get promoted with a side to do well in the Premier League, and I don't see Burnley and their style of play ending well for him.

Oh well, we'll see how this all ends. I just hope that this doesn't leave a bitter taste in either parties mouth. I want to remember Bryson as the man who put 3 past Forest and (hopefully) was a big part in a promotion winning season, not as someone who's just chasing a bigger contract anywhere that'll pay him.

Archived