Budget

Hans

Slide rule or abacus?

Head often (if I wanted to avoid a withering look from the maths teacher,or master for ex Bemrosians) ,otherwise pen and paper or log tables(again sometimes producing dark looks).

Anyway,you've interrupted my flow-I've been trying to find the thread where 2 reprobates were taking the p*ss out of me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head often (if I wanted to avoid a withering look from the maths teacher,or master for ex Bemrosians) ,otherwise pen and paper or log tables(again sometimes producing dark looks).

Anyway,you've interrupted my flow-I've been trying to find the thread where 2 reprobates were taking the p*ss out of me.

That was Utch - twice.

Wouldn't it be effective in diverting more money to pay off the loan quicker then? Or are they already. And would that break FFP rules trying to pay off a stadium loan? Sorry Ramblur, I'm and idiot.

Idiocy is no barrier to enjoying this fine forum Hans.  :wacko:  :blink:

Cyber bullying is not big or clever

although by all accounts, Eddie is big and ramblur is clever.......

Where's the unlike button gone,creep? :D

That was Utch - twice.

Stirrer-trickydicky was the other fecker. Apologies utch,you're just a b*stard,and eddie's a behemoth.

Latin aside, you think we'll be looking good on the budget side then Ramblur?

We have financial momentum in tandem with momentum on the pitch.Anyway,I'm trying to avoid eddie as I made a comment thinking he'd logged out,only to find he was last name on the list of on line members.Is there such a thing as an unbehemoth,or is that something that crashes into a light bulb?

Phew,he's gone now.

As was alluded to earlier, if we were to pay 3 odd million for Gorgeous George then it would be split over the length of the contract (amortisation), so if we were to put him on a 6 year (I wish), then his cost to the budget would be 500,000 per year plus wage costs.

We have financial momentum in tandem with momentum on the pitch.Anyway,I'm trying to avoid eddie as I made a comment thinking he'd logged out,only to find he was last name on the list of on line members.Is there such a thing as an unbehemoth,or is that something that crashes into a light bulb?

Phew,he's gone now.

I needed my beauty sleep, Ramblur.

OK, ugly sleep.

When do the financial years run to I thought reports ran. To end of June if so wouldn't the playoff gate receipts be included in this years results not next years?

Yes accounts run to end of June. In terms of profit/loss the money would go into 13/14, in terms of cash flow it depends when the money is received.

With us already expecting to meet FFP prior to play offs, its a shame we can't shift these extra receipts into next year! Having not read anything about FFP (because I don't believe anyone will have the balls see it through) I am assuming each year is looked at in isolation and there is no cumulative basis or carry forwards...Ramblur?!

Yes accounts run to end of June. In terms of profit/loss the money would go into 13/14, in terms of cash flow it depends when the money is received.

With us already expecting to meet FFP prior to play offs, its a shame we can't shift these extra receipts into next year! Having not read anything about FFP (because I don't believe anyone will have the balls see it through) I am assuming each year is looked at in isolation and there is no cumulative basis or carry forwards...Ramblur?!

If we sign players before June 30 then there fees will go into this years accounts too.

As was alluded to earlier, if we were to pay 3 odd million for Gorgeous George then it would be split over the length of the contract (amortisation), so if we were to put him on a 6 year (I wish), then his cost to the budget would be 500,000 per year plus wage costs.

Gives us the ability to make other signings if needed then with the remaining budget, I'd like to see us make at least one £1 million ish-signing as well as loans and frees.

With regard to FFP I think the Football League should really make it known exactly how clubs stand. Am I right in thinking this is still a little unresolved in that fines/embargos may not be enforceable?

It's not right that some clubs are trying to abide by rules that others (may) flout and get away with.

We need a level playing field.

I have a certain (grudging) sympathy for QPR with their FFP farago. Due to the football league's lack of integration with the premier league a club can operate completely differently, with wanton abandon, and then be relegated only to be told they have to work within strict confines. There has to be a cross-league general standard for FFP, or it will be only a moral baton for the likes of Sam Rush to beat richer clubs with.

If we sign players before June 30 then there fees will go into this years accounts too.

There'd be no amortisation charges though,which is what counts-the asset would merely be recorded on the balance sheet,with the corresponding entries (required in double entry book keeping) being either a reduction in cash (paid in full),an increase in creditors (full amount still owed),or,more likely, a combination of both.

In response to an earlier post by GSR,I can see nothing in FFP that allows for amounts to be moved into a following year.

I have a certain (grudging) sympathy for QPR with their FFP farago. Due to the football league's lack of integration with the premier league a club can operate completely differently, with wanton abandon, and then be relegated only to be told they have to work within strict confines. There has to be a cross-league general standard for FFP, or it will be only a moral baton for the likes of Sam Rush to beat richer clubs with.

Not me. They've known for over 3 years.

Archived