QPR fan in peace -- a little context

flatfoot

Like all good business men, that model was altered when it was apparent that it no longer was working.

We are owned by a Canadian, several Americans, Hong Kong and another that I cannot recall.  We get on just fine, they keep out of the way and no single individual can decide to sell up and bugger off.

From the outside it looks like a good partnership. And it certainly seems to be working...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too bothered by the majority of QPR fans, many of whom don't deserve what is going to happen to them eventually.

However, that QPR forum contains the single largest group of arrogant, chavvy Chelsea wannabes I have ever seen. I check every forum of our rivals before and after a match, and some forums are better than others. For example, Brighton had a better than average knowledge of our game and seemed to be very fair on the opposition. Birmingham seemed the most stroppy in the league.

But QPR, bloody hell, that wearetherangersboys website really is something else. Apparently we're not meant to be excited about beating a team 4-1 to reach Wembley, and now we're c*cky, inbred northern c*nts who deserve to need our mouths shut. And by the way, it's totally okay to strut about after beating Wigan narrowly in extra time. They talk exactly like the fans did on the Chelsea forum I looked at before the cup match. They also seem to think that our poor deprived area of third world England doesn't deserve investment, because, you know...those affluent West-London types really could do with Premier League football.

And as for bringing up the Philpott case? I don't think Forest stooped that low on LTLF in the build up the game in March.

Those fans aren't a fair sample of the QPR fan base so it would be harsh to judge the whole club based on them, but I really want to beat them just to shut that forum up. But then again, if we do beat them, it would be because of our cynical tactics and because they failed to turn up.

The other lot on qprdot,org seem like a much better bunch.

I went down a treat on there  :lol:

Got half of west London looking for me now... Oooooh  :ph34r:

My wifes family are all R's and my son in law and his are too, so im surrounded by them.... they are all pretty much saying the same thing as me, they kinda have mixed feelings about winning at Wembley, they dont want to cos they want 'arry sacked, and they are worried about the debt being increased even more...

Im concerned if we win we'lll get battered, cos i cant see the board investing too much in players, and Steve gets the blame, and is sacked...

That said, i cant wait for the 24th :D

FFP is a real frustration. It is designed to ensure that the big clubs do not get knocked off their perch by any upstarts. As a writer on football finance, I have been told - and tend to agree - that it is a 'peace treaty' designed to stop the big European clubs stepping away from Uefa and setting up their own super league.

The big clubs are constantly threatening to break away - the last two times they got Uefa to agree to the Champions League, and then to the league system in the same competition.

You can imagine how annoying it is to the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid and Barcelona, for example, when the likes of Man City, Paris St-Germain or Monaco try to compete without being one of the big clubs.

What surprises me is how the rest of football has bought it. It is anti-competitive and guarantees that the riches coming into football stay in the pockets of a few. Why shouldn't an owner of a club be able to spend as much money as he likes. It is his money, and he is going to lose it if he doesn't spend it wisely. But that should be his choice.

What gives the l;ikes of Man Utd the right to say, "you're buying all the big players, that's not fair because you don't have 25,000 tourists coming to your ground for every game and half a billion Asian football fans buying your shirt".

Thankfully, legally FFP is all over the shop and thanks to its anti-competitive nature the first time the football authorities impose it to ban someone for competing at the level they have won the right to compete at (be it promotion, or entering a competition in Europe) the EU will shut it down through the courts.

I understand what you mean about him wanting a Torres for £50M and he provides it from his own pocket.

But FFP is in place so as when he pulls out of QPR, you can sustain the wages etc.. left behind through self financing. Otherwise what happens when he aint there to pick up the bill??

Leeds, Portsmouth etc..

I understand what you mean about him wanting a Torres for £50M and he provides it from his own pocket.

But FFP is in place so as when he pulls out of QPR, you can sustain the wages etc.. left behind through self financing. Otherwise what happens when he aint there to pick up the bill??

Leeds, Portsmouth etc..

Its a long game , A new stadium at the axis of Crossrail and HS2 , selling a prime piece of land In Shepherds bush,. A new training ground to develop talent and sell on .

These are business men  , sure they walked round the pitch in the rain on Monday but they are looking to make money as well .

They seem sincere, they are transparent and accessible . We have no control over who buys the club . We could have done a lot worse .  

Its a long game , A new stadium at the axis of Crossrail and HS2 , selling a prime piece of land In Shepherds bush,. A new training ground to develop talent and sell on .

These are business men  , sure they walked round the pitch in the rain on Monday but they are looking to make money as well .

They seem sincere, they are transparent and accessible . We have no control over who buys the club . We could have done a lot worse .  

The rule is there such that the club remains.

Otherwise we end up with southern fried dons..

Hope you crush them.  Why? – Derby has lots of good unassuming talent, is playing great football and hasn't spent the fortunes that Rangers has.  It's would also be great for the East Midlands to have two Premier League clubs and my son is a Rams fan. I'm sure we'll see you in the PL.

QPR is a virus in the football world.

I hope all the money men run off, all the big-eaning players leave, all those cockey fans abandom them...

Then they can build up again and be a proper club once more.

Anyone remember around five years ago when they tried to charge us 40+ quid for a ticket? I'm pretty sure we were the first club to stand up to that and told them to do one.

Also, just like to say, however much we hate QPR, if it wasn't them then the rich owners would have just taken over someone else and done exactly the same.

It's the decent QPR supporters that I feel sorry for.

I'd hate for Derby and a number of genuine supporters on here to be associated with what QPR now currently stand for.

I wouldn't mind doing a Man City though. How else do you close the gap on Chelsea or Man utd without spending loads, at least Man City built gradually and have a number of likeable players.

Really don't get the QPR hating. They're just another medium sized club to me. Sure the money side is sickening, but they've got it so wrong for the last few years that it's hard to not feel sorry for the fans for the owners incompetence.

Why are people moaning about the money QPR have spent and are spending on wages?

I have seen loads of Derby fans slag our owners over they years for not spending all of their money on signings and bigger wages.

Even Lionel Pickering got slated in the end and he spent a fortune on the club.

If Brett Wilson was to buy out the rest of the owners and start chucking half a billion at the club to make us successful, How many would be bitching about it?

I don't like Arry or Barton and would love to see them skulk off after 90 minutes as we celebrate winning promotion, But apart from the few

****** on one particular forum that spout sh!te about smashing us on and off the pitch, I have no more dislike for their fans than i do for the majority of other clubs fans. (That could change at Wembley)

It's what they've bought that I hate.

And who manages them

Egos and has beens.

Half of them look like they love being footballers rather than playing football.

Sports cars, tattoo sleeve, fancy boots, hair cut, WAG. I'm surprised they want promotion. Thought they'd love being big fish in a small pond.

Seen more daft cnuts going on about how they've sold more than Derby already and they started a day later.

Check the purchasing differences.

eee-aaaw

As for the genuine fans who support them and still recognise the existence of other clubs outside the top PL sides, sorry, all clubs get judged on their loudest idiots.

Archived