Please sign George Thorne!

MelSage

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This lad was pivotal today, such a good performance and has been key for the past few months at the age of 21(?) he's only going to get better! Hope we sign him up.

On a side note, I liked how our 3 midfielders were 21,21 and 19. Not bad for a team that beat a fellow play-off team 4-1.

Loyalty to Eustace, who had hardly put a foot wrong all season.

Don't get me wrong, Eddie I'm a big Eustace fan and I'm sure he has helped us get where we are as much as anyone.

It's just George Thorne seems to have what Eustace has got plus a lot more besides. He seems a very mature 21 year old, very comfortable on the ball, great vision, can pick a killer pass out, accurate shooting and reads the game very well.

I'd break the bank for him if we get through the lottery of a Wembley play-off final.

Don't get me wrong, Eddie I'm a big Eustace fan and I'm sure he has helped us get where we are as much as anyone.

It's just George Thorne seems to have what Eustace has got plus a lot more besides. He seems a very mature 21 year old, very comfortable on the ball, great vision, can pick a killer pass out, accurate shooting and reads the game very well.

I'd break the bank for him if we get through the lottery of a Wembley play-off final.

Thorne today looked just what Hughes looked - a decent bet for the 2018 World Cup squad.

I think thorne is superb.

He fits like a hand in a glove into that holding role.

Can't see west brom selling though.

I can't imagine not seeing Wisdom Thorne and Bamford's  names on the team sheet, surely they are not

going to leave, if we are going to try and sign them -  Hopefully we'll win on the 24th and it will be an easy

decision to make. Just read that the final is worth 220 million to the team and city, so we should be able to

afford it - may be crucial to us staying up as well!!

Couple of things one Thorne had signed a contract with West Brom long term before he came here.

Second that was under Steve Clark and the chnage of management may have opened up a chnace for a move.

Adam Smith signed a new contract at Spurs before coming here...

Adam Smith signed a new contract at Spurs before coming here...

True I think Thorne has had a bigger impact than Smith and so West Brom would be less inclined to sell. His value would be higher and if we get promoted as pointed out by someone West Brom would not want to sell to a relegation rival.

West Brom obviously rated him and Thorne himself might want to repay West Brom for their faith of sticking with him after his injury. He has been there his whole youth career and so he may want a shot at the first team. I don't think we would be able to get him unless we really break the bank.

Archived