Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another 1200 tickets sold today, nearly 39000 in total, bring it on !

There are 60 coaches going from Ipro should be a great day out.

3-1 to the mighty Rams !

The Derby police twitter account has just posted that they have been notified that 130 coaches are heading to Wembley.

Just hoping Derby FC remember to bring their kit this time... so easy to forget the little things on a big occasion

[February 1st 1975: QPR-Derby 4-1 (Givens 3, Thomas). QPR hammered the 74/75 league champions Derby with this excellent display at Loftus Road.

Derby actually forgot to bring their own away kit for this game, and had to use QPRs red away shirts.]

Just hoping Derby FC remember to bring their kit this time... so easy to forget the little things on a big occasion

[February 1st 1975: QPR-Derby 4-1 (Givens 3, Thomas). QPR hammered the 74/75 league champions Derby with this excellent display at Loftus Road.

Derby actually forgot to bring their own away kit for this game, and had to use QPRs red away shirts.]

I went to this

One of those dangerous away games for fans

remember stating to move down the terrace to get away.  I think we were 2-1 down but  by the time I got to the exit it was 4-1 what a crap day that was

The only good thing about being on nights this week is that i always get very little sleep and therefore very little time to dream about winning or losing.

And because i am at work until 1am on Saturday morning, I won't be at home whittling about the next day.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is fit for QPR  :angry:

Excellent news, he's carp.

I've been watching a few highlights from QPR's matches this season. They really aren't scary in the slightest.

We've hammered teams this season, whereas their biggest win was 5-2 against Forest. They've only scored more than two goals in a game 7 times this season, we've done it 16 times.

I'd say QPR's best results of the season were beating Ipswich and Middlesbrough away 3-1, and getting hammered by Sheff Wed their worst.

I've been watching a few highlights from QPR's matches this season. They really aren't scary in the slightest.

We've hammered teams this season, whereas their biggest win was 5-2 against Forest. They've only scored more than two goals in a game 7 times this season, we've done it 16 times.

I'd say QPR's best results of the season were beating Ipswich and Middlesbrough away 3-1, and getting hammered by Sheff Wed their worst.

Agree. B A-E is turd. Used to be a great player but he's been torn apart this season.

Despite their very good defensive record, I'm not scared of a back 4 consisting of Onouha, Dunne, Hill, Hughes, Simpson or B A-E, as they lack pace and I think we'll expose it, especially in the wide positions.

We have been very underwhelming, given the 'squad' we have. Personally feel one of our best games was against you at LR, but that in part, was you coming all out to attack against us. Many teams early on just shut up shop (until they realised they didnt need to)

Our Wigan game was probably the best from the point of view of playing as a team and with grit and determination... sadly lacking for many games.

We have far more to fear from you, than you from us, as an attacking threat. Defensively, it is more closely matched. As long as harry doesnt get his tactics too wrong (and he normally does), should be a good enthralling game.

BAE... mixed views. Some are delighted he may be playing, but he has been very lackadaisical for much of the season and many would prefer to see Yun (who is our own and coming through) start 

Don't nessasilary "fear" QPR, but they have players who can cause us damage and have experience playing infront of a large crowd; Barton, Kranjcar, Green, Dunne which could help in their favour.

Morrison is another who we need to keep out the game, if he turns up he will be a major threat to us playing behind Austin.

We sat back for god knows how long at the previous game, a game without Charlie Austin...

We have been very underwhelming, given the 'squad' we have. Personally feel one of our best games was against you at LR, but that in part, was you coming all out to attack against us. Many teams early on just shut up shop (until they realised they didnt need to)

Our Wigan game was probably the best from the point of view of playing as a team and with grit and determination... sadly lacking for many games.

We have far more to fear from you, than you from us, as an attacking threat. Defensively, it is more closely matched. As long as harry doesnt get his tactics too wrong (and he normally does), should be a good enthralling game.

BAE... mixed views. Some are delighted he may be playing, but he has been very lackadaisical for much of the season and many would prefer to see Yun (who is our own and coming through) start 

It's going to be a great game.

I see Derby as a better team than QPR by a long way, not because of the players' individual aility, but because of the system and style and the fact for the first time in arguably the last 10 years or so we seem to have a team of 11 round pegs in round holes.

We have an amazing DM, two goalscoring midfielders either side, two of the fastest wingers you can find in the Championship, an excellent target man and two fullbacks willing to get forward and a solid GK. The system is just perfect for our players, and it all takes is seeing us for one game to know how we play.

I honestly see QPR with very good individual players but I can't put you down to a system in all the games I've seen you play. Call me ignorant, but I don't get the impression you have forward-thinking fullbacks, you play a striker on the wing, you don't have a 'target man' but more of a goalscorer who does little else (like Chicharito), your midfield seems unbalanced with Barton playing alongside any one of (take your pick of good individuals)..

You may think I'm completely biased but I reckon we'd stand a far better chance of surviving in the PL than you guys because we have a system where we can easily identify the players which are needed. We won't buy players to find them a role, we have our system and the players we identify will be to fill one of the roles in the team.

If QPR go up, how do you think you'll do in the PL? I honestly see you doing similar to Cardiff, as they have no system either and just bought in supposedly good players and tried to find them a role. I can see Harry Redknapp simply buying a good player because he's good for $9m or so and not actually having a role for him in the team and ultimately wasting his talent.

Archived