New sponsor announced tomorrow

Mafiabob

"The one thing that makes me laugh is the sponsorship they plaster on everything though. I've never seen a club with so much corporate crap. Aside from a dull as ditchwater half time presentation from their old shirt sponsors to their new ones, they had match sponsors, ball sponsors and stadium sponsors (standard, I know).

Then each stand has a corporate name, and lots of lounge facilities no doubt. The scoreboard is sponsored. The MoM award is sponsored. The half time fun & games are sponsored. The goals may well be too (URGH. They have GOAL MUSIC also). Even their substitutions are "In association with" some company or other. Who rings a football club & asks to sponsor the matchday substitutions, FFS?

I like them as a club, they're a great side and almost without exception, I've met lovely Derby fans this week. But jeez...I don't think there's anything left in that stadium that doesn't have a company name on. Wait- the toilets! Call the commercial team!

This post has been brought to you in association with Wolf Blass wines, and Davidstow Cheddar (on toast)."

Um......it is getting to be a bit much.

P.s. This post was brought to you in association with J&k Developments, for all your construction needs.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the big screen when JE's MD was introduced,; it said 'send us a selfie from the match and get a free takeaway tonight'..

Shortly after their Twitter account was suspended. Guess they couldn't handle the sudden rush of orders being placed.

(I bet froggy & Rammie got one though..hehehe)

I think Derby's new sponsors are missing a trick here. Why not encourage all fans to "Just Eat"? For the most dedicated fans who order the largest number of take aways, the sponsors can offer bigger discounts with each increase in shirt size. Instead of numbers on the back it will chart each individual fans progress e.g. I went from a Medium to 10XL! etc.

Did anyone send in a selfie from the iPro yesterday and win the Just Eat £25 voucher, I walked through the West stand yesterday to get out the stadium and noticed there was red everywhere from the Toyota sponsorship. Its not really a big deal.

Sam Rush mentioned on the radio that the Just Eat deal was worth 7 figures which means a million squid or more

• 1 month later...

Archived