Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Nicholson has said on Twitter that we are after a forward, holding mid and another winger.

Then when asked if he thinks we will have someone new in before the opening day he said he thinks there is a good chance of someone coming in

Steve Nicholson has said on Twitter that we are after a forward, holding mid and another winger.

Then when asked if he thinks we will have someone new in before the opening day he said he thinks there is a good chance of someone coming in

GMS, Chalobah (begrudgingly) and a loan Prem striker would do me.

Glenn Murray would be an ideal signing, in my opinion. I don't know how plausible it is, but he'd certainly create competition. 

Bamford, I would like back, but only on our terms. I think he'd be better suited to a team with less competition in attacking places and a chance to play upfront. 

Chalobah, I'm not a big fan, but I can see him being one we actually sign. If that's the case, I'll button it and support the kid to the hilt... 'never in doubt' 

Lewis Baker is an extremely good player but as much as I would like him at Derby I don't see where he'd fit in, he's similar to Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson. You could say the same about Swift, another very good player. I think if you can keep those two together and build a partnership, even in the Championship, you have a very dangerous engine room.

Dunne was exceptional against us in the play-off final but lets not forget the stick he was getting from QPR fans prior to that match, he wasn't performing week in week out, not even close. 

Van Ginkel for defensive midfielder?  :ph34r: I bloody wish  :lol: - I'd like Ibe/Lingard and Murray signed though, it would be a huge boost. 

If we're loaning a striker from Chelsea, I think I'd prefer Brown to Bamford too. 

If Glenn Murray is available id have him here in a heartbeat.

Has had a bad injury last season. But the season before he was the best centre forward in the league by a country mile.

If we got someone like him in along with defensive midfielder cover and a winger then we really would be in business.

Does anybody else have any suggestion on a centre forward?

I'd love us to sign that winger from B.Muinch the 1 play for USA (scored against Belgium and think his name smith or whatever it is lol)

Julian Green would be great.But their is wood that he might actually make first team at Munich.

.....and even if he didn't, many premier league teams etc would surely want him.

We're yet to sign this player from abroad... unless it's Bunjaku and Calero which would be a serious disappointment.

Both players had already left their clubs so its stretching it......maybe Calero at a push.

Can't see how Bunjaku from Romford could count as an oversees signing.

Billy Sharp.

Wouldn't come to sit on the bench

Baker?

Not required

As a back-up striker for Martin, what about Joe Garner from Preston? Looked good last season but could be a one season wonder; not many prolific strikers around in our budget and he must be better than Sammon...

Um......interesting......let me think.......er.........nah.

Danny Gabbidon being tracked by Wolves and Sheff Weds.

Free Agent.

No thanks

Glenn Murray seems to be available from Palace. Bolton been linked with a seaon long loan but would think Palace would want to sell...around 1m would get him.

See above ......Wouldn't come to sit on the bench

dunne would be nice

Nope. Wages. And he'll smell of Harry.

Archived