Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to get Chris Wood or Grant Holt for their aerial threat and GMS or Matt Richie and Harry Maguire (Swap deal for Sammon and Freeman + 1 million)

Grant Holt could be a good shout, don't think wigan want him and he would be good back up, wages might be a problem though

I'd love to get Chris Wood or Grant Holt for their aerial threat and GMS or Matt Richie and Harry Maguire (Swap deal for Sammon and Freeman + 1 million)

Chris Wood, GMS and Harry Maguire would all be excellent signings, but i imagine would cost aorund 4 or 5 mil for them all  :( 

Rbk- Reece Wabara, free agent having been released from Man City,had loan spells at clubs in championship and league 1, he could defo challenge Christie to the right back slot and then it allows us to sell Freeman.

Cbk- Carlos Cuellar released from Sunderland. Quite old but more than experienced, wages may be a problem but he may do the job with competing for the centre back role and helping with promotion. If we're looking at a loan then Shane Duffy from Everton.

Wng- Agard or GMS. Agard is in the last year of his contract so may be available for

Chris Wood, GMS and Harry Maguire would all be excellent signings, but i imagine would cost aorund 4 or 5 mil for them all  :(

I've heard Leicester want 2 million for Wood (from Nixon I think), if we weren't willing to pay 1.5 million for Jutkiewicz then I doubt we'll fund the signing of Wood.

I've heard Leicester want 2 million for Wood (from Nixon I think), if we weren't willing to pay 1.5 million for Jutkiewicz then I doubt we'll fund the signing of Wood.

Surely that would all depend on how much Leicester wanted/needed of it up front. Boro wanted majority of the Juke fee upfront so they could spend it on new players whereas Leicester wouldn't particularly need it. Maybe 1m plus a future 1m in installmanets. Pretty sure we offerered around 1m upfront for Juke.

Surely that would all depend on how much Leicester wanted/needed of it up front. Boro wanted majority of the Juke fee upfront so they could spend it on new players whereas Leicester wouldn't particularly need it. Maybe 1m plus a future 1m in installmanets. Pretty sure we offerered around 1m upfront for Juke.

Good point but I don't think Chris Wood is worth

I don't think a lot of players are worth what they get sold/bought for but I guess he is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for him.

The one thing Chris Wood would offer us is an aerial presence, making us a threat from set pieces (if we find someone who can take them). He always looked a bit clumsy on the deck for my liking, the polar opposite of Martin. A cheaper option would be Matt Smith from Leeds.

thats what im saying, they would be good additions but their value makes them a bit unrealistic for us

Depending on how their pre seasons goes and if they want to keep them around for the prem, i wouldn't mind taking these two on loan:

CB: Shane Duffy

ST: John Guidetti

Duffy had a great season at Yeovil last year and Martinez is considering having him as 3rd choice CB this season, suppose it all depends if Distin is involved and/or they buy another CB, Stones and Jagielka looks like they the first two positions down.

Guidetti might be a bit of stretch but only had 6 games for Stoke last year and can only see him being sold on as a fringe player at bottom half prem club or loaned out again.

Depending on how their pre seasons goes and if they want to keep them around for the prem, i wouldn't mind taking these two on loan:

CB: Shane Duffy

ST: John Guidetti

Duffy had a great season at Yeovil last year and Martinez is considering having him as 3rd choice CB this season, suppose it all depends if Distin is involved and/or they buy another CB, Stones and Jagielka looks like they the first two positions down.

Guidetti might be a bit of stretch but only had 6 games for Stoke last year and can only see him being sold on as a fringe player at bottom half prem club or loaned out again.

Guidetti thinks he is better than the Championship, has a HUGE opinion of himself, I agree that he would be a great signing, probably better than Bamford, but I doubt he'd come to us even if Man City agree.

thats what im saying, they would be good additions but their value makes them a bit unrealistic for us

Mackay-Steven is fairly realistic, especially if Barnsley are after him. Hull were/have put a bid in for Maguire so interest from clubs bigger than ourselves for him. Also think he's somewhat over-rated.

Mackay-Steven is fairly realistic, especially if Barnsley are after him. Hull were/have put a bid in for Maguire so interest from clubs bigger than ourselves for him. Also think he's somewhat over-rated.

Yeah i agree GMS would probably be the most likely, dont think we would regret spending 1m on him

Archived