Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can't hold the ball up or shoot. All he does is run around a pressurize defenders. Therefore he does not fit our system at all, where retaining possession is key...

I'm pretty sure that was my point YR... He doesn't fit the current system but that doesn't automatically make him a bad player... In a 4-4-2 I think he'd be a real threat to defences... 

Matthew Etherington is a winger available on a free? Thats obviously if we do need one. Not sure what anybody else thinks about him? Decent set piece and pretty fast.

Was fast 10 years ago. Now he's fat and a gambler.

I'm pretty sure that was my point YR... He doesn't fit the current system but that doesn't automatically make him a bad player... In a 4-4-2 I think he'd be a real threat to defences... 

I'm not sure he would in any formation. He's not got the right attributes to be a good striker, he'd be more useful on the wing because he has a bit of pace and is fairly strong.

I'm not sure he would in any formation. He's not got the right attributes to be a good striker, he'd be more useful on the wing because he has a bit of pace and is fairly strong.

You need ball control and a cross on you to play on the wing...

He's strong and quick I agree... which makes him good for me as a second striker... Martin doesn't get in behind defenders where Sammon does... he'd excellent at running the channels and chases everything...

Matthew Etherington is a winger available on a free? Thats obviously if we do need one. Not sure what anybody else thinks about him? Decent set piece and pretty fast.

Unfortunately I think that dude has some serious off the field issues which have already had a detrimental effect on his career.

He allegedly likes a flutter or 2 or 3 or.....,,

Not a good influence on the young impressionable lads we have driving our team forward.

So if it was up to me it would be a no thanks. Good player though, just too much baggage.

Unfortunately I think that dude has some serious off the field issues which have already had a detrimental effect on his career.

He allegedly likes a flutter or 2 or 3 or.....,,

Not a good influence on the young impressionable lads we have driving our team forward.

So if it was up to me it would be a no thanks. Good player though, just too much baggage.

Plus he's got scarey eyes

You need ball control and a cross on you to play on the wing...

He's strong and quick I agree... which makes him good for me as a second striker... Martin doesn't get in behind defenders where Sammon does... he'd excellent at running the channels and chases everything...

It doesn't matter if he can get behind defences, if he can't produce anything at the end, then the exercise was completely pointless...

What's everyone's thoughts on Richard Dunne, he will probably be looking for a move if QPR sign Caulker as well as Rio.

Based on what I have seen over the last season alone I would take him and drop him in the centre of our defence.

Let's be honest if it wasn't for him we would be Premier League now. He was the second best player on the pitch at Wembley after young GT.

What's everyone's thoughts on Richard Dunne, he will probably be looking for a move if QPR sign Caulker as well as Rio.Based on what I have seen over the last season alone I would take him and drop him in the centre of our defence.Let's be honest if it wasn't for him we would be Premier League now. He was the second best player on the pitch at Wembley after young GT.

Very very good shout imo... but weren't we in for him before qpr got him? I may be wrong, but if he rejected us I wouldn't go for him now.

Just a thought, but obviously we all knew we were chasing thorne, but at the same time we wanted mccormack too? Doesnt this indicate we have that cash still available to spend? If we were willing to pay 3m+ for mccormack and still get thorne too? That throws all the ffp business and how people are saying we have little left to spend firmly out the window?

Archived