Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

Would only ever be a mini tournament and not something players would take seriously, could never have anything that would compete with the European competitions, clubs wouldn't be up for a season long thing with the long haul flights and jet lag. If the American side improves all you will see is more American players in Europe, they only have 10 of the current squad actually playing in the MLS as it is, that will be even fewer probably in the next few weeks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would only ever be a mini tournament and not something players would take seriously, could never have anything that would compete with the European competitions, clubs wouldn't be up for a season long thing with the long haul flights and jet lag. If the American side improves all you will see is more American players in Europe, they only have 10 of the current squad actually playing in the MLS as it is, that will be even fewer probably in the next few weeks.

10 of the 23 is a pretty high number, when considering a lot of nations (disregarding England, but we're *****). And they'd be up for it if the money was right. I don't think many English and Australian crickers would have fancied playing in the IPL until hundreds of thousands of pounds were waved infront of their faces

I didn't realise MLS took part in the World Cup?

Tim Howard - Everton

DeMarcus Beasley - Puebla

Mikkel Diskerud - Rosenborg

Jermaine Jones - Be?ikta?

Julian Green - Bayern Munich

Alejandro Bedoya - Nantes

Jozy Altidore - Sunderland

Geoff Cameron - Stoke

Fabian Johnson - Hoffenheim

John Brooks - Hertha Berlin

Aron Johannsson - AZ Alkmaar

Brad Guzan - Aston Villa

Timmy Chandler - Nuernberg

13 out of the 23 man squad don't even play in the Sunday League/Retirement Home MLS

Only 4 of them were in the starting line up against Belgium...

This makes me laugh.. You obviously know nothing about MLS and you're taking it at face value.. MLS is growing faster than any league in the world, that's fact. We have no comparison to champions league? It's called the concacaf champions league my friend. The only set back the league has is popularity. Yes Seattle, Kansas, LA, Portland, and NY has big attendance but the rest of the league doesn't, you have to be stupid to believe that a nation with 313 million people can't develop a top 5 world league.. The MLS is growing in popularity and that means more kids playing, those kids who knows.. Maybe the next messi's.. But without popularity those kids will never play the sport and never reach there possible potential.

I'm from derby now I live in the US so I know first hand.. Football over here is nothing compared to football at home, I went to the bar the other day to watch us play and only like 5 people showed up, I was thinking to myself imagine how packed this would be in England.. When USA played Portugal it drew 23 million viewers.. I record.. But think about it 23 million compared to a nation filled with 313 million people.. That's so much potential players wasted because they've never kicked a "soccer ball" before..

This makes me laugh.. You obviously know nothing about MLS and you're taking it at face value.. MLS is growing faster than any league in the world, that's fact. We have no comparison to champions league? It's called the concacaf champions league my friend. The only set back the league has is popularity. Yes Seattle, Kansas, LA, Portland, and NY has big attendance but the rest of the league doesn't, you have to be stupid to believe that a nation with 313 million people can't develop a top 5 world league.. The MLS is growing in popularity and that means more kids playing, those kids who knows.. Maybe the next messi's.. But without popularity those kids will never play the sport and never reach there possible potential.

IS THAT WHY BECKS IS PUTING IS MONEY THEN  :cool:

I'm from derby now I live in the US so I know first hand.. Football over here is nothing compared to football at home, I went to the bar the other day to watch us play and only like 5 people showed up, I was thinking to myself imagine how packed this would be in England.. When USA played Portugal it drew 23 million viewers.. I record.. But think about it 23 million compared to a nation filled with 313 million people.. That's so much potential players wasted because they've never kicked a "soccer ball" before..

i HATE THE WORD SOCCER ITS FOOTBALL

I completely agree that the MLS is vastly growing. But I think you'll find the players that make it will move in to Europe because of the advanced competition of UEFA, as opposed to CONCACAF.

i HATE THE WORD SOCCER ITS FOOTBALL

Don't know if you knew, but soccer is an English word and pre-dates the word 'football'.

I'm not keen on it and absolutely hate 'footie', which belongs in the same bin as 'doobry', but it is a pukka term for the game we love.

I completely agree that the MLS is vastly growing. But I think you'll find the players that make it will move in to Europe because of the advanced competition of UEFA, as opposed to CONCACAF.

Yeah you're right... The league just suffers because all the talent that it grows leaves for Europe.. That's like the ox, shaw, Walcott, etc.. All leaving to go play in the BBVA... And leaving England with no English youth talent.

Archived