Burnley bricking it? Will Rams cash in on final day?

Grantona

Burnley dropped 8 points out of the last 12 and Ings lost his scoring touch - only one goal in six games before his injury and none in two since his return.

Most Rams fans and, more importantly, SM and PS still believe automatic is very possible but would it be more disappoinring to have it go to the final day and see the dream, dashed at the last minute or would it be better if Burnley wrapped it up in the next couple of games so the play-offs are the sole focus?

Imagine final day: Burnley 87, Rams 84 (Rams better goal difference). Rams beat Leeds but still rely on Reading to beat Burnley.

Everyone take that scenario?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy to get ticket for Elland Road I would have thought? Does it hold nearly 40,000?

They've allocated us 3000.

If automatic is still a possibility, I can visualise another Aston Villa away (Tommy Docherty's 'cup of tea' match) where we had an insane number of fans all around the ground, not just in the away end.

Automatics on the last day, against Leeds.

Ah, imagine that for a minute if you will.....

Unlikely as it is, just let me have this vision a bit longer please.

8 points + goal difference?

No chance.

8 points is significant. The goal difference is completely irrelevant because it would only require a 4 goal turnaround - and by definition there would have to be a 5 GAME turnaround.

8 points is significant. The goal difference is completely irrelevant because it would only require a 4 goal turnaround - and by definition there would have to be a 5 GAME turnaround.

If we'd won at burnley and were now chasing a 2 point gap it would be very exciting.

But they are playing blackpool next......

3 points would mean that we are chasing 8 points min in 3 games and the goal difference could be even greater.

If we'd won at burnley and were now chasing a 2 point gap it would be very exciting.

But they are playing blackpool next......

3 points would mean that we are chasing 8 points min in 3 games and the goal difference could be even greater.

I agree that if they win against Blackpool it's game over, but if they don't, and if we win at Doncaster, it WILL be brown trousers time for them as one o' t'crossbeams would be well and trull out o'skew on t'treadle - and their last 3 games are ALL against promotion-chasing sides..

Burnley dropped 8 points out of the last 12 and Ings lost his scoring touch - only one goal in six games before his injury and none in two since his return.

Most Rams fans and, more importantly, SM and PS still believe automatic is very possible but would it be more disappoinring to have it go to the final day and see the dream, dashed at the last minute or would it be better if Burnley wrapped it up in the next couple of games so the play-offs are the sole focus?

Imagine final day: Burnley 87, Rams 84 (Rams better goal difference). Rams beat Leeds but still rely on Reading to beat Burnley.

Everyone take that scenario?

I have a dream.....  :)

Leeds tickets already in the draw at home.. Come on Blackpool...

Would be a great ending to the season. But I just can't see it. Last time we got near the automatic places we made a right balls up of it & drifted away. The best can hope for is that they draw against Blackpool & that's a big ask. Blackpool's form is awful.

Most fans say they are resigned to the play-offs but, deep down, are still hoping that the deficit can be overturned despite the odds being hugely against it happening.

If it becomes mathematically impossible, I think there will still be a deep sense of disappointment and a sad feeling of "what might have been".

Just to think at the halfway stage of the season (23 games), the Rams were 2nd on 44 points ahead of Burnley on GD

Archived