Tim Sherwood

MrsRam

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi, enough of the PE teacher jibes. I doubt he could my job. Or you lot either, for that matter.

He probably couldn't no. But he just looks out of depth. I have a lot of respect for PE teachers as although you are teaching what you love the planning and commitment is many times more than other professions or other subject teachers.

I reckon AVB is a cracking manager...

But he just needs time at a club to put his ideas across.

Tim Sherwood is taking everything too seriously. And he's out of his depth. Reminds of a Paul Ince/Roy Keane type manager

Yeah I deffo think he'll go on to win major trophies and end up managing a Champions League side. Hope he never manages in England again. The media seem to love to trample him. He was forced out of Chelsea by player power and the media love for those players. Despite him being brought in to evolve the team he actually got sacked for evolving the team!!

Spurs, well, who bought all those players? Rumours have it that it wasn't all AVB. So there's that.

Then the fact that all those new players would need time to adapt and settle. Even so he was doing well enough but the media proper hammered him on the couple of occasions he messed up a bit.

If somebody gives him time and a couple of summers then Spurs won't believe what they sacked.

I know it's hard to say what it's like behind the scenes at Spurs/Swansea but personally I don't think I'd like the "I AM THE MANAGER" style.

I think you should want to please your manager. Not feel like you HAVE to please him. That shows on the pitch. Or in Sherwood's case I think it's more if you have to tell people how in charge you are then you're not really that in charge.

Paul Ince is a good likeness mate!

Then the fact that all those new players would need time to adapt and settle. Even so he was doing well enough but the media proper hammered him on the couple of occasions he messed up a bit.

But couldn't it be argued that Tim Sherwood isn't actually doing that badly. They're in about the same position now as they were under AVB, it's not like they've plummeted like a stone.

When they loose, the media, fans and even us lot think Sherwood is out of his depth. But if when he wins, then he's a fantastic new managing talent.

For what it's worth, I do think he's massively out of his depth. If Spurs wanted to push on, they had to get a new manager in quick that was clearly better than AVB. Not just give it to the first bloke that stick his hand up in the staff meeting.

Mind you, it worked for Chelsea and Di Matteo (but he still wasn't able to take them into the top 4 that season).

But Spurs have basically done a Forest, sacked a manager without having a better one lined up. Sherwood was never going to take them into the top 4.

Archived