2014 Budget

Curtains

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing this government has done is increase the tax threshold to 10500 by 2015. I mean it's great already that by April 2014 we won't pay tax until we earn 10 grand

When the other lot where in power it was 6 grand.

That's worth 800 pound per person per year.

Wonder how many people would benefit and who actually have 15k saved when:

People actually struggle to have a deposit for a mortgage

Do you think people on lower wages actually save that money when an include myself struggle to pay bills, buy food etc

Also where's the relief for carers? Biggest con of all, I know people who care all hours for family members who are old/disabled. They get £59 a week for there trouble. Make a right old saving there the government

Wonder how many people would benefit and who actually have 15k saved when:

People actually struggle to have a deposit for a mortgage

Do you think people on lower wages actually save that money when an include myself struggle to pay bills, buy food etc

Also where's the relief for carers? Biggest con of all, I know people who care all hours for family members who are old/disabled. They get £59 a week for there trouble. Make a right old saving there the government

How many people do you know that earn less than 10500 a year. On 10000 in April they will pay no tax on wages or in 2015 pay no tax on 10500. It used to be approx 6000 when you started paying tax.

Part time workers will really gain Tax wise in fact any tax payers will gain as the thresholds have been substantially raised year on year by the coalition

I'm still over the moon that my pre match pint is going to be 1p cheaper. That will make me a massive saving of 46p a season for home matches. Here is the best news of all if they make the play off's I'll save an extra 2p and any away game pints I'll be saving 1p on all them too. In total I could have a potential saving of up to 60p a season. I'll obviously will put my savings in an ISA.

I'm still over the moon that my pre match pint is going to be 1p cheaper. That will make me a massive saving of 46p a season for home matches. Here is the best news of all if they make the play off's I'll save an extra 2p and any away game pints I'll be saving 1p on all them too. In total I could have a potential saving of up to 60p a season. I'll obviously will put my savings in an ISA.

It's about the brewing industry lol .

Better to keep prices on beer pegged as pubs are closing left right and centre and that's 2 pence off a pint in the last 2 budgets.

They are over the moon in Burton on Trent.

How many people do you know that earn less than 10500 a year. On 10000 in April they will pay no tax on wages or in 2015 pay no tax on 10500 it used to be approx 6000 when you started paying tax.

Part time workers will really gain Tax wise in fact any tax payers will gain as the thresholds have been substantially raised year on year by the coalition

Problem you have though that most of these workers are on zero hour contracts and won't get the hours needed to put dinner on the table.

I get why the coalition are going after benefit cheats etc. why don't they go after the tax dodgers as well. Who are just as bad in my eyes.

If you really think that this will help part time workers, which majority of are parents etc, whose going to find the childcare.

It's a complete waste of time for my wife to go back to work as it will wipe her potential part time income and part of mine out. It's give with one hand take with the other I'm afraid.

Yes I'm a slightly left of centre politically but our lot could be just as bad with what they were doing.

Problem you have though that most of these workers are on zero hour contracts and won't get the hours needed to put dinner on the table.

I get why the coalition are going after benefit cheats etc. why don't they go after the tax dodgers as well. Who are just as bad in my eyes.

If you really think that this will help part time workers, which majority of are parents etc, whose going to find the childcare.

It's a complete waste of time for my wife to go back to work as it will wipe her potential part time income and part of mine out. It's give with one hand take with the other I'm afraid.

Yes I'm a slightly left of centre politically but our lot could be just as bad with what they were doing.

I do have symphony for people struggling on low wages and people who are out of work etc

It's horrible.

But they have done a load for child care in this budget as well.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/budget-2014-childcare-tax-break-worth-up-to-2000-unveiled-by-government-9198810.html

I suppose society can never be totally fair in a capitalist state but I'd rather have it than communism .

I do have symphony for people struggling on low wages and people who are out of work etc

It's horrible.

But they have done a load for child care in this budget as well.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/budget-2014-childcare-tax-break-worth-up-to-2000-unveiled-by-government-9198810.html

I suppose society can never be totally fair in a capitalist state but I'd rather have it than communism .

agree with your last paragraph totally

Archived