DCFC+NFFC XI

IlsonDerby

Alright guys, and gals, this is just a bit of fun. After talking to my mate, a forest fan, we got on the topic of a Derby Forest best XI. I (with some of his input) chose the following XI:

4-2-3-1 (chosen due to lack of quality strikers but abundance of quality midfielders)

(Post Steele) Lee Grant

Cohen (Forsyth is statistically better this season but Cohen has been injured for all of it)

Buxton (I rate him higher than Hobbs)

Wilson (the best central defender either of us have imo)

Wisdom (they have nothing that comes close to wisdom at right back)

Lansbury (one of, if not the, best midfielder in champs in my opinion)

Hughes (I like him in a deeper role - brilliant brilliant player)

Dawkins (first name on the team sheet for me at the moment, always dangerous, always direct)

Reid (can't leave pie face out hes scored more goals, more assists, more motm and more chances created than anyone else in the forest side)

Paterson (originally chose Abdoun but Paterson is banging in the goals)

Martin (their strikers aren't goalscorers and Martin has scored 18 already this season as well as being a fantastic foil) 

Talking points:

-My mate would argue Hobbs should be in ahead of Buxton but I disagree

-In the same way I would argue forsyth should be in the XI but he will not budge on Cohen

-Hard to leave Bryson out but I don't think its very objective of me to put him in ahead of Lansbury and I wasn't leaving out Hughes.

-Originally the team had Abdoun in ahead of Paterson, my friend argued that he would have Paterson in ahead of Dawkins but I disagreed and wouldn't allow the team to have more Forest attackers than Derby as we have outscored them.

Does anyone agree with this?

Who would you play?

(reasons?)

I know it is difficult but keep bias to a bare minimum otherwise the discussion is pointless, though I don't mind who you pick as long as there is a good reason behind it. It's only opinions!  :)

Could we keep this civil - no slagging off players, no slagging off billy and his tactics, no slagging off Forest. These can all be saved for the sheik shaggers thread.

I just want a bit of a light hearted discussion in the lead up to arguably the most important Derby/ Forest game in a very long time. 

Look forward to your opinions

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was manager I would want:

Darlow

Wisdom Wilson Hobbs Cohen

Ward Bryson Lansbury Hughes Reid

Martin

Bucko and Keogh are not a patch on Hobbs and Wilson as much as we want to believe.

As a manager I would want Darlow because he is a better prospect and worth more money being in the england under 21 setup. However Darlow does seem a bit cocky. 

Cohen is better than Forsyth but Cohen has been injured. 

Martin because forest have nothing near his standard. 

Ward/Paterson/Dawkins/Abdoun/Russell was a tough choice. 

Grant

Wisdom          Buxton          Wilson          Forsyth

Reid          Lansbury          Bryson          Hughes          Ward 

Martin

Bench:

Darlow

Hobbs

Cohen

Eustace

Russell

Dawkins

Bamford

If I was manager I would want:

Darlow

Wisdom Wilson Hobbs Cohen

Ward Bryson Lansbury Hughes Reid

Martin

Bucko and Keogh are not a patch on Hobbs and Wilson as much as we want to believe.

As a manager I would want Darlow because he is a better prospect and worth more money being in the england under 21 setup. However Darlow does seem a bit cocky. 

Cohen is better than Forsyth but Cohen has been injured. 

Martin because forest have nothing near his standard. 

Ward/Paterson/Dawkins/Abdoun/Russell was a tough choice. 

I didnt think Darlow has been near the England U21 team/Squad and to be fair that doesnt mean your a decent keeper they have had some right rubbish. I just read he was released by Villa then Eric Steele recommended him to the Red Dogs

From what i've seen, this would be mine.

Grant, post Steele. Take nothing away from Darlow but he isn't at Grants level yet. Admittedly Grant started slow, but he's showing some great form now.

Cohan over Fozzie - It's a close one because they are both decent players. I think Cohan is that touch better though, on what I've seen.

Hobbs - He has been the best centre-back from both sides this season.

Buxton - Wilson wasn't as brilliant when he came over as most people made out, I'm sure he is a good player but I wouldn't select him because of his reputation. On what I've seen Buxton has been better, although Wilson has been injured for a lot of this season.

Wisdom - This one isn't even close.

Bryson

Reid

Lansbury - scrapes in ahead of hughes for me, Reid isn't a winger anymore.

Dawkins - Paterson is a good player, but Dawkins is that touch better. Again, on the basis of what I've seen.

Ward

Martin

For anyone saying Abdoun, you ought to watch him. I'd rather have Gary Teale back, and I'm sure a lot of Forest fans would too.

Archived