Brian remembered 10 years on. Can you help?

ladyram

Mornin all.

Just heard an interview on RD from a theatre director who's asking people to come forward with any memories of BC to share them. From what I heard there may be a theatre production made about him to coincide with the 10th Anniversary of his passing and he'd like to take it right back to grass roots level.

The link is below for anyone interested.

http://hardgraft.co.uk/page2/index.html

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this thread didn't go how I expected it to!

But surely not surprising Martyn, you can't be shocked at anything you read on here.

I rarely get angry  anymore and daren't even post much in any Clough related topics but I do find those responses disappointing.

GStar in particular, didn't expect that type of comment from you, thought you were a bit classier than that to be honest.

Ah well, each to their own.

But surely not surprising Martyn, you can't be shocked at anything you read on here.

I rarely get angry  anymore and daren't even post much in any Clough related topics but I do find those responses disappointing.

GStar in particular, didn't expect that type of comment from you, thought you were a bit classier than that to be honest.

Ah well, each to their own.

Just stating a fact Ronnie.

I had no time for the man.

In my time he was only ever Forest manager and to be honest I found him a bit of a prat regardless of what he had done for DCFC in the past.

Wow, apart from a couple of posts, what a dissappointing thread :-(

And to be called a rascist too? In his defence, years ago people were a lot more old school when it came to skin colour and race. Not defending it before anybody thinks of ripping my head off, just saying attitudes were a lot different then.

But have to say, overall, I thought there would have been a few more positives on this here thread.

And to be called a rascist too? In his defence, years ago people were a lot more old school when it came to skin colour and race. Not defending it before anybody thinks of ripping my head off, just saying attitudes were a lot different then.

But have to say, overall, I thought there would have been a few more positives on this here thread.

He bought me a beer after I gave him the fag.

Well, I guess for every book about his life story, and good things, there's bound to be some opposite stories.

I guess this thread came just at the wrong time on here. I blame whosit for poking the hornets nest with a stick again.

We used to join in with training sessions with the team when i was a kid. Our house used to back on to Osmaston park and Cloughy used to bring the team there for training quite a lot. I used to look out of the bedroom window and if i saw Terry Henneseys head shining, It was on with the boots and up the park.

BC would use the local kids as ball boys during training matches but would always make sure we got a 5 to 10 minute kick around with the players after they had finished.

He would tell us when he was coming back to ossie park or when they were going to use Sinfin rec so that we could go and see them there.

He seemed to have a lot more patience with youngsters than he did with adults and always tried to encourage us.

Just to be clear, I never said he was a racist, I believe it is possible to make comments which can be construed as racist without actually being one.

Maybe the fact that there are so few positive posts speaks volumes? The measure of a man goes a lot further than what he does on a Saturday afternoon.

Archived