DERBY 10K

Mafiabob

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone entered it? My 4th one. Aiming for under 43 minutes if possible.

43 minutes is very quick indeed. Good luck with that MafiaBob.

I'm running the Nagoya half marathon next on March 9th. Under 2 hours is my target.

43 minutes is very quick indeed. Good luck with that MafiaBob.

I'm running the Nagoya half marathon next on March 9th. Under 2 hours is my target.

Thankyou! Good luck with the half. I've done two great north runs both in 1:55. Doing Ramathon in June

A 43 minute 10K would roughly equate to a marathon in about 3hours 20 mins.  That's obviously not 43mins * 4.219, but a rule of thumb prediction of your marathon time (assuming you had done the appropriate distance training).

That's pretty good, and suggests your 1/2 marathon times should be significantly faster than 1-55.But there's always the congestion factor at runs like the GNR and London Marathon.

If you want a fast time for a 1/2 marathon try the Belvoir 1/2 on Sunday 30th March.

http://www.hosevillage.org.uk/bhm.htm

Anyone entered it? My 4th one. Aiming for under 43 minutes if possible.

Good luck Mafiabob. 43 minutes would be impressive indeed. 45 mins was my fastest. Now I'm nearly 50 and fatter anything around 50 minutes is okay for me. I'm doing the Bristol 10k in May and a couple of local ones. Half marathons are far too far for me and I don't get time to train that much.

A 43 minute 10K would roughly equate to a marathon in about 3hours 20 mins. That's obviously not 43mins * 4.219, but a rule of thumb prediction of your marathon time (assuming you had done the appropriate distance training).

That's pretty good, and suggests your 1/2 marathon times should be significantly faster than 1-55.But there's always the congestion factor at runs like the GNR and London Marathon.

If you want a fast time for a 1/2 marathon try the Belvoir 1/2 on Sunday 30th March.

http://www.hosevillage.org.uk/bhm.htm

Cheers. First great north I did the first 10 miles in 80 minutes, was cruising then my knee gave way and did the next 3 in 35 minutes. Second time got there late and was towards back at start which means running round stragglers etc. thanks for the link

Good luck Mafiabob. 43 minutes would be impressive indeed. 45 mins was my fastest. Now I'm nearly 50 and fatter anything around 50 minutes is okay for me. I'm doing the Bristol 10k in May and a couple of local ones. Half marathons are far too far for me and I don't get time to train that much.

I was a fat knacker when I first entered in 2011. Was 14 stone, I lost three stone over that year. 44:51 was my fastest time last year. But stepped my training up massively over last 6 weeks and feeling very fit so really pushing.

Archived