Chippy in Chad

RodleyRam

I've had a few from the Chaddesden Fish Bar chippy on matchdays but it's left a bit to be desired. They've got the batter for their fish all wrong and the fish ain't the freshest IMO. The chips are good, that's a redeeming feature...

Has anyone got any recommendations for a good old fashioned chippy around the Chad area?

I'm after proper fish and chips, you can keep your kebabs and all that other jazz...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georges Tradition always my first choice for Chips... their head office is a stones throw from the ground, but not sure where the nearest one actually is to the ground.

Allestree by the looks of it, short detour on my journey from the north, so I'll check it out next time.

All Donna meat is poor end of.

Sorry, George's is good, but inconsistent. Small portions, fancy cardboard packaging, yes. But do you get great food every time? No.

Steve's for Fish and chips, Fresh bite for Pizza, Curry? Well, I still don't think you can get a decent take away curry in Belper.

The oap's bloody love George's though. Why? Cause they do oap deals.

Sorry, George's is good, but inconsistent. Small portions, fancy cardboard packaging, yes. But do you get great food every time? No.

Steve's for Fish and chips, Fresh bite for Pizza, Curry? Well, I still don't think you can get a decent take away curry in Belper.

Poppadoms and Pickles is not too bad from Belper :) I agree about George's, it's overrated.

Seafish in Ripley is fantastic, try them out 

Crest of the wave in Ripley is traditional good old fashioned fish and chips.

I've been to the seafish take away, and for me, yes nice, but size? Less is not more. I mean, it's fookin chips! Load them in, a bloody fancy box with a separate pot of peas taking space that more chips should be? Not for me.

Try Jimmy's in Alfreton. The only place I have doner sober. It's the best I've had, including McTurks. 

I thought the continental curry you had was good?

Viceroy is very good, though in Duffield, Elachi? is pretty good. Only had sit down at those two though.

Sit downs are different, this is because they mainly have sit in chefs and take away chefs.

Donna meat is for tramps.

Conti was better than the Taj, granted.

Not a patch on the Anoki. Shame it's so far.

Says cider drinker Boycie

Zanfish errr I mean Stenson Road chip shop. Been going there years! Very big fish and chips! Curry wise sit down Anoki, Viceroy, Nadees in findern. Kebabs/take out curry Spice of Life London Road. Decent curry for a take away

Archived