George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

players want to play for us and they don't want to play for you

That's not really true though is it...

He said he has said he does want to play for WBA, he wants to be starting. It's only if they can't promise him that that he wants to move to us...       :(

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not really true though is it...

He said he has said he does want to play for WBA, he wants to be starting. It's only if they can't promise him that that he wants to move to us... :(

He said that his heart was no longer at WBA, he said he felt happy,at home and wanted at Derby and he didn't feel that at WBA. It convinced me that he favours us over them.

He said that his heart was no longer at WBA, he said he felt happy,at home and wanted at Derby and he didn't feel that at WBA. It convinced me that he favours us over them.

He might prefer playing here but if they can guarantee him 1st team football in the Prem then he's going to stay, regardless of where he prefers...

He might prefer playing here but if they can guarantee him 1st team football in the Prem then he's going to stay, regardless of where he prefers...

This is true. Great deal of this hinges on what promises WBA feel ready to commit on. He thinks they'll never promise 1st team to a 21 yr old academy kid as the DM role is too crucial. I see his point.

Bl**dy hell it is really easy for this topic to descend into a slagging match. Both sides at fault.

Cant really be bothered with the who's better argument, pretty petty really. Lets keep it decent shall we?

The 11 points don't make one bit of difference 7 years on. Argument irrelevant. 

GT saying that Derby WILL get promoted - no way on earth he can reasonably use this as an excuse, the Champ is a massively tough league.

Saying we only finished 6 places above you - we played VASTLY superior opposition than you did so this argument is irrelevant. 

Is beating teams 5-0 much more enjoyable than scrapping together points in the PL. Yes it is. Loved our Champ seasons. But does it match up to playing in (one of) the best league in the world? No. The £££, exposure etc.

Do we care about losing GT? YES! We want a player to come through our academy. You Rams will understand that surely, nothing better than seeing on of your own come through. Of course we care! 

I cant be certain about this but i would take GT's words with a little pinch of salt. At least don't hang on every word. It really does sound like an agent looking to make £££.

Also Derby could have given any of the bottom 10 a game last season, maybe beaten half of them, including us. You were the in form team and we out of form. Its like the promotion/relegation play offs in the scottish perm, i would always back the promotion chasing team over the relegation candidates. 

This is true. Great deal of this hinges on what promises WBA feel ready to commit on. He thinks they'll never promise 1st team to a 21 yr old academy kid as the DM role is too crucial. I see his point.

I think West Brom would put Mulumbu, Morrison and Gardner ahead of Thorne. It all depends though on the new manager, if he thinks Thorne can make the step up, then he won't sign, simple as that.

They're called the baggies because they were one of the last teams to stop wearing those really baggy shorts typical of the 50s (just a useless bit of information I learnt years ago, no I'm not a secret WBA fan)

That's one of the theories, another one being the men who carried the gate money from the turnstiles, known as the bag men and so "here come the baggies".!but no one knows which Is true which I find sad tbh.

Even more recently, there are various explanations where the "boing boing" came from, again, no one knows how or where it started with various explainations.

I think West Brom would put Mulumbu, Morrison and Gardner ahead of Thorne. It all depends though on the new manager, if he thinks Thorne can make the step up, then he won't sign, simple as that.

Agreed. I would love for him to find a way to play for us next year but if it's not to be who's to say we can't find another hidden gem being shut out by his team. We did it once....

When I was a kid I had a mate who was spoilt rotten, he never appreciated how cool all his toys were, till my eyes would light up and he'd see how much fun I was having with them. Then he'd take them back off me. Little ****.

If Thorne ever does sign for us that's poetic justice to all the little brats out there. Appreciate your toys!

Agreed. I would love for him to find a way to play for us next year but if it's not to be who's to say we can't find another hidden gem being shut out by his team. We did it once....

When I was a kid I had a mate who was spoilt rotten, he never appreciated how cool all his toys were, till my eyes would light up and he'd see how much fun I was having with them. Then he'd take them back off me. Little ****.

If Thorne ever does sign for us that's poetic justice to all the little brats out there. Appreciate your toys!

Did you have an action man with the moving eyes or with hair? Mine was all plastic.

I honestly think he should be playing for them next season because he is more than capable... I just hope they don't realise that     :lol:

That's one of the theories, another one being the men who carried the gate money from the turnstiles, known as the bag men and so "here come the baggies".!but no one knows which Is true which I find sad tbh.

Even more recently, there are various explanations where the "boing boing" came from, again, no one knows how or where it started with various explainations.

A WBA fan once told me that boing boing was the noise the bags made when the 'bag men' walked with the bags.

unfortunately for you whatever the reason it developed into one of the daftest chants in all of football!

Archived