George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Fair nuff...

If he isn't... would you begrudge him leaving? Bearing in mind you may have a manager coming in who has no knowledge of how well he's played for us...

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving if he was never given a decent chance to perform. He has earned the right to be given the chance to play for us in the PL. So I want to see it happen. If he is given the chance and plays poorly, and Yacob and Mulumbu outperform him, then he has to take his place on the bench and we will use him as the manager sees fit. And he can't really moan about that can he?

Also, his performances wouldn't have gone unnoticed. You don't get MOTM at Wembley and go under the radar. Sherwood will do his homework on all his players, and will see his ability in training. Word travels in football mate.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely guarantee that Tom Carroll will join West Brom next season under Sherwood, either on-loan or otherwise.

Therefore, I expect Thorne at Derby. 

It'll be a ridiculous swap, but then again, they're close to appointing a ridiculous manager.

Depends on what Spurs want for him, maybe a loan deal. But Sherwood has new youth to blood now. Not guaranteed we will get Carroll. Sherwood might like Thorne.

Listen one thing that isn't going to happen, despite that other baggies may have said on here, is he is not going to be rotting in the reserves for 3 years to spite him.

He's a young lad, showed his frustration, but he isn't going to be sold. The only option available to him is knuckle down and get on with it.

That being said, No one is guaranteed a first 11 spot. Mulumbu and Yacob are in front of him, deservedly so as they have put in the years and performed to deserve the spot. But Thorne offers us something different. Yacob is a ball winner, can't pass much, just wins the ball and lays it off. Mulumbu is more box to box. Thorne is a deep playmaker who can also put a tackle in. 3 different players, playing for 2 positions. Injuries, suspensions happen and also we will line up differently against certain opposition. Sometimes we may need protection of Mulumbu and Yacob, sometimes we may play a counter game and need Thorne to release one of his beautiful long through balls. You just can't tell. But one thing I can guarantee, is he will be in the mix. Are we going to promise a 21 year old that he will definitely be in the first 11 all the time - no. our captain Chris Brunt spent half the time on the bench last season. Does he deserve to be given a chance - yes. And it's up to him to take it.

Craig Gardner for RB then?

Derby always get their man one way or another.

Barker, Shackell, Sammon, Keogh, Maguire, Russell...

If it's not this window, it'll be January and I wish people would stop thinking we are skint; we have two owners alone worth 2b combined which shows how little knowledge WBA have of DCFC.

If it's not this window, it'll be January and I wish people would stop thinking we are skint; we have two owners alone worth 2b combined which shows how little knowledge WBA have of DCFC.

I'll openly admit to having little knowledge of DCFC, I expect a lot of rams to have little knowledge of WBAFC hence why is nice to sign up on here and discuss the GT issue from both perspectives.

Depends on what Spurs want for him, maybe a loan deal. But Sherwood has new youth to blood now. Not guaranteed we will get Carroll. Sherwood might like Thorne.

Believe me. Sherwood will be throwing the kitchen sink to sign Carroll.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/24/sp-he-could-play-for-barcelona-sherwood-to-make-tottenham-starle/

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/04/29/4783556/sherwood-tom-carroll-can-be-tottenhams-next-modric

Regardless of what he may think of Thorne, I guarantee he will rate Carroll higher.

In truth, Carroll is a below-par player that won't make it at Spurs. He should be available quite cheap, I'd imagine.

But the media seems to rate Levy in much the same vein as Baggies fans do with Peace. 

If Sherwood takes the WBA job and is so desperate to sign Carroll, do WBA have enough to compete for him?

This hypothetical situation sounds very much like what some of the WBA fans on here think we have with them.

But the media seems to rate Levy in much the same vein as Baggies fans do with Peace. 

If Sherwood takes the WBA job and is so desperate to sign Carroll, do WBA have enough to compete for him?

This hypothetical situation sounds very much like what some of the WBA fans on here think we have with them.

Levy does seem to do well out of selling players on. Sherwood knows he is coming into a set up when he has a voice, but not overall control of transfers. If it's good value maybe we'll go for him, maybe that will have a knock on with GT. Us fans would prefer to keep GT, like I said before, we are desperate to produce one of our own.

I personally think Sherwood going there means the Thorne deal is less likely of happening, as he seems the type who would want to keep and improve his best young English players.

It probably depends on Thorne himself - if he stamps his feet enough, Sherwood may not want to bother keeping players who want to move but if Sherwood has a positive one-on-one discussion with him, Thorne may have a miraculous turnaround and want to stay.

I think it's more likely to happen now. 

Sherwood will not want players around the club that want to leave, he's a very cut throat manager. If he doesn't join us, he won't be anywhere near the first-team with him in charge. 

According to a respectable source on the Spurs forum, he asked a player(I forget who know) when he was going to be back from injury, the player commented: 'I don't know, you'll have to ask Sherwood' and laughed. 

He may have been joking, the player, but amid all the rumours of player fall-outs and whatnot, it wouldn't surprise me.

Thorne's comments, if reviewed by Sherwood, will have gone down a storm. 

Welcome HantsBaggie nice to have someone dropping in for a rational discussion instead of the  he will never be allowed to leave , want 8 mill,and rot in reserves till someone pays it.

Like you say there is no way he will rot in the reserves has then he becomes a reducing asset has far has price goes.I have no problem with WBA turning bids we would do the same if he was ours but there comes a time when it is prudent at the price to sell or he becomes to expensive for us.A lot will depend on the incoming coach and what he says to Throne and weather Thorne's position is reversible.

Has for a 3 year contract we all know means nothing in football now days ask any manager just gives a little more protection for both parties.I see a time soon when a player pushes it legally to be made like any other profession  so to just give a period of notice to move on

Sherwood will not want players around the club that want to leave, he's a very cut throat manager. If he doesn't join us, he won't be anywhere near the first-team with him in charge. 

According to a respectable source on the Spurs forum, he asked a player(I forget who know) when he was going to be back from injury, the player commented: 'I don't know, you'll have to ask Sherwood' and laughed. 

He may have been joking, the player, but amid all the rumours of player fall-outs and whatnot, it wouldn't surprise me.

I think that player was Sandro. 

I think that player was Sandro. 

I vaguely remember them having a falling out last season via post match interviews and twitter.  Sandro did seem to be out injured for quite a long time last season.

Eastwood, Bodde....

Two off the top of my head. as has already been mentioned by me and a few others this smells a little like the Bodde saga although we at least have not got our chairman making stupid public statements over it.  Just the target himself.

I know not what to think anymore.  Could go either way really. Hope it goes ours.

Remember sherwood at spurs with a few players brought them from wanting to leave spurs to a starter every week he might do this with Thorne

I absolutely guarantee that Tom Carroll will join West Brom next season under Sherwood, either on-loan or otherwise.

Therefore, I expect Thorne at Derby. 

It'll be a ridiculous swap, but then again, they're close to appointing a ridiculous manager.

That would be interesting if it were to happen as they claim the head coach has no involvement in transfers.

Archived