George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will fly to America. They'll treat him like one of them until he isn't one of them. They have nothing to lose from letting this run for longer.

Think they'll give in eventually

Alpha why do Derby County want to look like they are begging WBA for George Thorne .

If we are just waiting for them to give in then we are being made to look like paupers which we are not.

DCFC is the most important thing so I'm starting to think the club should move on if he's going on tour with them .

Let them keep Thorne and let DCFC keep it's PRIDE WERE BIGGER THAN THIS.

West Brom are waiting to tie up a signing of their own, nowt to do with Derby, once thats in place they'll be happy to complete Thorne's transfer. They want to announce their own new signing at the same time we announce George is ours.

Thats what the poster alluded to earlier about another player. I heard this a week ago from a baggie mate but had no idea if it was gen so dint bother posting it.

Thought i'd put it up now to keep people obsessed with the thread and stop you eating and sleeping..

He likes my song by the way #itk ;)

West Brom are waiting to tie up a signing of their own, nowt to do with Derby, once thats in place they'll be happy to complete Thorne's transfer. They want to announce their own new signing at the same time we announce George is ours.

Thats what the poster alluded to earlier about another player. I heard this a week ago from a baggie mate but had no idea if it was gen so dint bother posting it.

Thought i'd put it up now to keep people obsessed with the thread and stop you eating and sleeping..

No lets move on DCFC need to keep their PRIDE and integrity.

Quote my mate who's absolutely certain he's signed and ours 'stop bloody worrying you tw*t its gonna be announced any day now'.. it seems me and Mackworth ram have the same knind of source on this one, ie the players have been told its done since Monday. What the hold up is who knows. But calm your tits everyone goerge is a ram.

So if he's "signed" did Derby loan him back to WBA to play in their friendly?

I can assure you that Villa do not consider you their biggest rivals. That privilege is reserved for Bluenoses. And as a Baggie fan you really should know that!

To coin a phrase that seems quite liked by some on here "and you know this how"

Alpha why do Derby County want to look like they are begging WBA for George Thorne .

If we are just waiting for them to give in then we are being made to look like paupers which we are not.

DCFC is the most important thing so I'm starting to think the club should move on if he's going on tour with them .

Let them keep Thorne and let DCFC keep it's PRIDE WERE BIGGER ThAN THIS.

Wouldn't say we're begging them. I'd say there's a deal on the table and it's something that WBA are interested in.

Why walk away when he wants to come? He wants to leave WBA for Derby. We are trying to compensate them. That's another way of looking at this.

Everyone can get what they want out of this. But WBA perhaps would like him to see what he can be part of. Or maybe they will just test if we will become more desperate. Or if another club comes in.

I don't think the club are hanging on WBA and Thorne quite like we are. As Vulcan said, Derby are really rather relaxed about the whole thing. Clearly feel as though WBA will come to the table and get what we all want

As an outsider looking in I can understand you coming to that conclusion. But I can assure you majority of WBA fans regard villa as their traditional rivals and vice versa.

I could make an assumption as to who your rivals are but it would just be a guess, and I don't like being wrong

Bit more than an assumption. I live in the West Midlands and know a number of Villa season ticket holders -it's definitely the Blues for them. They don't mind WBA so there's no way you can feel like that about a team supposed to be your fiercest rivals.

There you go lads. Relax. That's what WBA are dragging it out for then.

Let the song go mate. It's like a 4/10.

Wouldn't say we're begging them. I'd say there's a deal on the table and it's something that WBA are interested in.

Why walk away when he wants to come? He wants to leave WBA for Derby. We are trying to compensate them. That's another way of looking at this.

Everyone can get what they want out of this. But WBA perhaps would like him to see what he can be part of. Or maybe they will just test if we will become more desperate. Or if another club comes in.

I don't think the club are hanging on WBA and Thorne quite like we are. As Vulcan said, Derby are really rather relaxed about the whole thing. Clearly feel as though WBA will come to the table and get what we all want

How can Derby be relaxed about the whole thing.

He would be a vital cog in the promotion wheel which I think we are serious about.

At the end of the day if WBA are playing hard ball so be it.

Steve McClaren and DCFC will only wait so long as it's starting to make a lot of people slightly irritated and is starting to spoil looking forward to the new season with optimism for many fans.

WBA are looking for a replacement for someone who only figures in their plans as a substitute .

I don't think so !

WBA are playing hard ball with DCFC and it's not nice.

Irvine has recently stated two things

1. players prices have jumped up this season forcing some players out of our reach

2. It's more difficult to sign players with so many people involved and players and agents waiting to see what other opportunities may arise

He had previously stated that if Thorne leaves, then we would have to replace him.

The first two statements could have a bearing on the Thorne transfer in that a price what we may initially accepted has probably increased. Also, we may look to bring in a player before releasing Thorne. This may go all the way to transfer deadline day

Hmmm Maybe... but just because your targets' prices have jumped doesn't mean your player's prices have too... it's a supply and demand based model so each player's value is individually based...

Also, have you thought about what

So if he's "signed" did Derby loan him back to WBA to play in their friendly?

He could be on a notice period... Whenever I've moved jobs I've signed my new contract before I've officially left the old one...

On the other hand I don't believe he's actually signed...

Archived