George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also on that link 

"I understand Albion did consider making an official approach for Derby boss McClaren, but were told they would be wasting their time - the ex-England boss is very much tied into the project at the iPro Stadium."

And some thought I was kidding when I wrote that 3 weeks ago.

Tapping up is a bit extreme. He's been on loan to us. We're allowed to talk to a loaned player about whether they want to stay or not.

Glad that they're calling Sam Rush a "cheeky fecker" though. Lets be honest, we've needed a sneaky, slimy barstool of a CEO to do business for a while. I like it.

They're crazy if they sell him to us. His value is going to rocket when more people see what he's like as defensive duty midfielder.

If he isn't playing for them next season than that is just another case where the bottom PL clubs just trade expensive has beens who keep side stepping to avoid the drop and PL sides keep thinking those players are "Premier League players".

Was thinking earlier about Thorne wanting to play in the premier. We should offer him a non promotion release clause for the value we pay.

That would be a statement of intent.

Got to agree a fee first of course.

This is how I see it from a Baggies perspective.  Loan players, if successful, are loved by the club they are loaned out to.  We loved Lukaku and was sure that he wanted to be a Baggie.  I am sure Thorne did have a good time at Derby, but remember prior to that he was saying he wanted to spend the next few years and the Albion and when we gave him a contract for three years he was more than happy to sign.  Once he is back in pre season with his Albion team mates that he was playing with prior to his injury and loan, I am pretty sure this season will be a distant and pleasant memory.  I have not seen any quotes directly from Thorne to say that he wants to come to Derby apart from the ones that said he wants to play in the prem. Unfortunately all owners/directors make promises to the fans to keep them on side and make them look as if they are doing the business.  Just take Sullivan and Gold at West Ham for example.  Always promising their fans the world.  I suppose proof will be in the pudding at the beginning of next season but I truly can't see us selling him when we are investing so much in our academy and he, along with Berahino and a couple of others are just coming through the ranks.  Just my view and most probably one you don't want to hear.  As I live in Derby and work with Derby fans, I would love to see you in the prem so I am not posting this with malice, just my opinion.

Sam Rush said he wants to come. Desperate, I'm not so sure.

If he comes back off holiday and West Brom tell him he'll get first team football, he may change his mind.

So what is he going to be at West Brom, 10th choice midfielder, 4th choice defensive midfielder?

This is how I see it from a Baggies perspective.  Loan players, if successful, are loved by the club they are loaned out to.  We loved Lukaku and was sure that he wanted to be a Baggie.  I am sure Thorne did have a good time at Derby, but remember prior to that he was saying he wanted to spend the next few years and the Albion and when we gave him a contract for three years he was more than happy to sign.  Once he is back in pre season with his Albion team mates that he was playing with prior to his injury and loan, I am pretty sure this season will be a distant and pleasant memory.  I have not seen any quotes directly from Thorne to say that he wants to come to Derby apart from the ones that said he wants to play in the prem. Unfortunately all owners/directors make promises to the fans to keep them on side and make them look as if they are doing the business.  Just take Sullivan and Gold at West Ham for example.  Always promising their fans the world.  I suppose proof will be in the pudding at the beginning of next season but I truly can't see us selling him when we are investing so much in our academy and he, along with Berahino and a couple of others are just coming through the ranks.  Just my view and most probably one you don't want to hear.  As I live in Derby and work with Derby fans, I would love to see you in the prem so I am not posting this with malice, just my opinion.

Our chief executive said he wanted to join us. There's no reason to lie. If he now doesn't join, it makes it look like it was their fault.

Archived