George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry mister log on every five seconds to see if you have signed a backup Albion player. Several of your colleagues have admitted the same on here as well as they would spunk there toads if he signed ,Not my words but theirs

Now I'll do a nice sheep any day, but I draw the line at amphibians. You west midlanders disgust me.  :angry:

And without drawing the same kind of abuse other Albion fans have I'd like to point out my bemusement that you guys can pester him on Twitter, talk about him like he's the messiah, talk about how pivotal he is to your season and how you are excited for him to sign but don't think he's worth more than

For what it's worth, as a Baggies fan coming in peace (make an innuendo out of that if you so wish) and being a regular on the West Brom forums, the Baggies79 posting on here doesn't sound like our normal ITK poster. I may be mistaken but he's usually very composed with his posts, never drawn into arguments and mostly keeps his information to himself. His posts are usually well received and appreciated and I find it hard to believe they're the same person.

I'd imagine if he's happy to come here giving it the big one about having information he would be quite smug about it on our boards too. IMO this isn't the same guy. I may be wrong but it doesn't add up to me.

And without drawing the same kind of abuse other Albion fans have I'd like to point out my bemusement that you guys can pester him on Twitter, talk about him like he's the messiah, talk about how pivotal he is to your season and how you are excited for him to sign but don't think he's worth more than

For what it's worth, as a Baggies fan coming in peace (make an innuendo out of that if you so wish) and being a regular on the West Brom forums, the Baggies79 posting on here doesn't sound like our normal ITK poster. I may be mistaken but he's usually very composed with his posts, never drawn into arguments and mostly keeps his information to himself. His posts are usually well received and appreciated and I find it hard to believe they're the same person.

I'd imagine if he's happy to come here giving it the big one about having information he would be quite smug about it on our boards too. IMO this isn't the same guy. I may be wrong but it doesn't add up to me.

Baggies, ya know it don't matter where GT ends up, or who his fave club are right now, he learned his trade with WBA, he's one of your lads, and if he goes as far with his career as some project he will I think that's something to be proud of.

Like how the scousers are crazy about our Will, they'll have him one day cos to play there is his dream, but there'll not be one time I see him run out and not think that he's one of ours, nowt can change that fact.

^^

This

That's fair enough, just the ones who don't think he's worth more than that are the most vocal. We could do with some of your blind optimism on our boards - can't go two posts without someone saying Jeremy Peace is the Devil Incarnate.

Anyway he drives a hard bargain and you will have to overpay if you want him. And that's not me trying to pee on a parade here, the guy is an astute businessman and George's newspaper appearance will have only hardened his stance. Reading into the fact that he's gone from 'not for sale' to 'will go for the right price' is effectively pointless - Peace would sell anyone for more than they're worth if that money was offered, as would any Chairman. The fact he said not for sale at the start and not now is not anything special, consider the fact that George had just spouted his mouth off saying he wasn't wanted at West Brom we were hardly going to come out with 'yeah we don't want him, chuck us an offer we'll see what we can do.' That was our way of saying 'players don't dictate their own sales'.

That's fair enough, just the ones who don't think he's worth more than that are the most vocal. We could do with some of your blind optimism on our boards - can't go two posts without someone saying Jeremy Peace is the Devil Incarnate.

Anyway he drives a hard bargain and you will have to overpay if you want him. And that's not me trying to pee on a parade here, the guy is an astute businessman and George's newspaper appearance will have only hardened his stance. Reading into the fact that he's gone from 'not for sale' to 'will go for the right price' is effectively pointless - Peace would sell anyone for more than they're worth if that money was offered, as would any Chairman. The fact he said not for sale at the start and not now is not anything special, consider the fact that George had just spouted his mouth off saying he wasn't wanted at West Brom we were hardly going to come out with 'yeah we don't want him, chuck us an offer we'll see what we can do.' That was our way of saying 'players don't dictate their own sales'.

Thought that Mirror piece was really weird myself, his attitude at West Brom before was never called into question, nor here. Agents and tabloid journalists can do all sorts of strange things. I wonder who set up the interview, and what questions were asked to get those kind of responses. There's two sides to every story.

Obviously I'm only saying that as a Derby fan, but still, it really did come out of the blue.

Been out an about for a couple of hours. Has anything tangible happened or just more of the boy on boy ribbing???

Well I've put one of ours on ignore for posting ***** that boiled my effin' piss, cut my south lawns, had a shower and now I'm just enjoying a box of Maltesers.  :)

Thorne's mouthing off in the press still confuses me somewhat. A part of me says that it's mainly his agent putting words in his mouth. Another part of me says that he is a bit mardy. Another part says that he was making any excuse simply because he really enjoyed being at Derby and he is putting his personal happiness above the premise of immediate Premier League football (because he's more content at settled at our club).

What I do know is that Thorne firmly believes that Derby is a better fit for him than WBA. It's definitely not motivated by money because we won't be giving him more money than you are. In terms of career prospects it's a difficult one because he says he wouldn't get first team appearances at WBA but many WBA fans believe he would have done had he not kicked up a fuss. No doubting that first team appearances for West Brom next season would be better for his career than first team appearances at Derby. You're in the PL and we're not, simple as. Maybe in a few seasons it could be different but short-term, if he could get into your team, and he was putting his career above all else, West Brom would be the best place for him.

I think it's as simple as that he gets on well with our players and he likes being a big fish in a smaller pond. I struggle to believe that he has an attitude issue because he has never struck me as that type. So did he really believe what he said or was it simply to push the transfer through..?

I'm just not sure I understand his motives anymore. But one thing is for sure, I don't care because he's one HELL of a player.

Sadly, I have no idea. All I'm saying is that Baggies79 doesn't seem like the same guy from our forums. Never seen our guy post anything other than intelligent debate or the occasional bit of genuine ITK knowledge. He certainly wouldn't goad others with different opinions and like I said before you'd imagine that if he's acting like being ITK is a big swinging d*ck competition over here, he'd do it to us too.

I'd suggest you sit back and enjoy not knowing.

Though I will say one bit of info you guys can do whatever you like with: George has a brother who plays video games for a channel on YouTube. You could try him for some info? He's called 'Strippin'. Family members tend to be sworn to secrecy but the guy plays Dungeons and dragons or some **** so he's bound to be lacking the necessary social skills to lie. Someone pretend to be a slutty level 45 witch and I bet he'd be putty in your hands.

Thought that Mirror piece was really weird myself, his attitude at West Brom before was never called into question, nor here. Agents and tabloid journalists can do all sorts of strange things. I wonder who set up the interview, and what questions were asked to get those kind of responses. There's two sides to every story.

Obviously I'm only saying that as a Derby fan, but still, it really did come out of the blue.

Duracell basically said the same as me but shorter and more succinct. Thanks Duracell

Archived