George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also probably why we may struggle to get any loans from the premier league this season

On the contrary, we're probably the top candidate for the best youngsters (I'm obviously discounting players such as Lukaku from this bracket), maybe Southampton are ahead of us, I don't know what Koeman's like as a coach. 

Rodgers sent Wisdom to us instead of a PL team because of McClaren. He realises that Top Coaching + Championship football is far greater for youth development than first team PL football but learning how to stay organised during Monday to Friday rather than actually being coached.

The only reason I can see a youngster being loaned out to a PL team instead of us is because the parent club wants them on the shop window.

**** it, mortgage the stadium, the lads awesome.

Happy to contribute to a fund-raising.

I would even raffle off a bottle of Westvleteren 12.

Tbh we- the Club (and the supporters) haven't helped matters by making it so apparent to all and sundry (particularly WBA) how much we rate GT and want him at the Club.

I believe that 1.5m plus add-ons is actually a fair price. but fairness has long gone out of the window. WBA see us as desperate (and that's how we are acting in truth) and are looking for a premium.

If GT allows us to continue straight into this new season with the momentum that MIGHT give us a chance to go up automatically (and I think he -as part of the team - might) then maybe it's time for the owners themselves to step in and say to SR/SM something along the lines of, ' yes, we know he's not really worth 2m + up-front, but u need to look at the bigger picture. We will fund that extra amount because we believe it might just make the difference'. That's to say, just eat humble pie on this, let us pay the extra money (which isn't a massive amount in the overall scheme of things) and let's move on......

I wonder if we will end up getting him on a season loan, paying a hefty loan fee with a view to a perm?

A tight curly one like Kevin Keegans ? ooooh yes please, George would look soooo cute :wub:

(4955)

Are you this infatuated with all your transfer targets?

Serious question btw

We do get a bit giddy.

Johnny Russell last year got us going.

But George takes it to another level.

We're in love.

Birthday today ( Saturday ) and he still ain't signed !!! :-(