George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im afraid Eddie in retrospect that missing out on 80 Million play off winning money as i suspected at the time has cost us the likes of George Thorne and Andre Wisdom ,and even Bamford.

Tying up the new contracts of McClaren as manager and players like Bryson ,Hendrick,Buxton,Forsyth etc etc has cost us in reality quite a lot of money.

The fans just either don't want to know or can't see it and for that matter Sam Rush maybe couldn't see it !

To be fair Sam Rush gave no promises about Thorne at the fans forum after the Final loss either

End of the day we are DCFC.

The fans have to move on.

PS I'm still struggling to get over the play off defeat so I also have to move on.

RAMS4LIFE

Like I've said many times - no matter who comes or goes, there remains one constant, and that is the club I support and love.

Everything else, including George Thorne, or even what division we play in, is merely window-dressing.

I'll b walking past Pride Park at 12ish

If there is a Press Conf for 1pm then I expect to see some media acivity outside - will let you know

Almost as tense at the Thorne will he/won't he saga - now it's... is Swannson ITK or just a massive bullsh1tter

ha, this guy is setting himself up well and truly.

I think I want him to be right just for the troll value, not for anything to do with GT.

It has been Big Billy Goat Gruff standard trolling - top marks to the bloke.

I'll b walking past Pride Park at 12ish

If there is a Press Conf for 1pm then I expect to see some media acivity outside - will let you know

Almost as tense at the Thorne will he/won't he saga - now it's... is Swannson ITK or just a massive bullsh1tter

If a press conference has been called for 1pm then the press will already know about it and info would have started leaking out. Yet we have heard nothing and I can't see anything out there even vaguely relating to this either.

Bradley reckons another bid is going in on Monday and Derby will want Thorne on board for Austria.

If that's the case about a week before we go away, this will be the bid that hopefully matches what WBA want. Not much room for error either way.

Haha come on you lot bloody hell! Can't you see he's just trolling you! According to him an hour ago the Thorne deal was off, then we were going to bid 7m for him and Dawson, now he's turned up outside the Ipro with his old pal Nathan! Probably just a forest fan having a laugh!

Bradley reckons another bid is going in on Monday and Derby will want Thorne on board for Austria.

If that's the case about a week before we go away, this will be the bid that hopefully matches what WBA want. Not much room for error either way.

Why wait until Monday? West Brom have a game tomorrow that i assume Thorne will be involved in if we haven't put in an acceptable bid. Why take the risk of him being injured?

WBA go to America on tour next Thursday for just under a fortnight so would imagine if Thorne goes there with them a deal is unlikely as we would want to sort it either way prior to that. If he didn't go obviously it would be looking more likely that he wouldn't be staying.

Why wait until Monday? West Brom have a game tomorrow that i assume Thorne will be involved in if we haven't put in an acceptable bid. Why take the risk of him being injured?

Good point actually. Why risk him with the likes of Irvine. 

Archived