George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Where have you seen this?

Just for clarification -

Alan Irvine insists George Thornewill only be allowed to leave if the price is right - otherwise he will remain very much part of his West Bromwich Albionplans for next season.

And the Baggies boss claims that should he leave during this window then he will seek to replace him.

Thorne has handed in two transfer requestsand been the subject of unsuccessful offers from Derby.

The Rams are expected to return with another bid next week for the midfielder, who impressed during a loan spell at the club towards the end of last season.

Thorne has returned to training this week, despite making withering comments about his employers in an interview with a Sunday newspaper recently.

Like Thorne, centre-half Craig Dawson, a target for Burnley, also had a recent transfer request turned downby Albion.

Irvine is happy to keep both players at the club, but admits both players would have a price should either Derby or Burnley wish to return with fresh moves.

Likewise, should Dawson leave he would expect to replace him.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a young boy - he's fell head over heels for a sexy club, better facilities, bigger stadium, far larger fan base, a young, hungry team on the up and fans who write beautiful songs in his honour..... :D

Ok,ok. We give in. Your Georgie boy song is the finest example of the song writer's craft since Irving Berlin snuffed it. Here, have an Ivor Novello Award.

If we don't get him then who would you sign?! It's easy to criticise me because I made a suggestion about someone we WERE linked to. Sam Rush is a smart guy and he isn't going to pay over the odds for one player. It's been said on here that we have other positions not just CDM.

Most of our players have a clause in their contracts where their salary is reduced should we be relegated

You know this for a fact do you ? .

Just remember also that Peace could not do a Man City and flount fair play rules by bankrolling the club himself, he does not have the cash.

I don't get all this antipathy towards ITKers. If they're proved wrong on their info, that's it, found out and job done.

However, why do people jump straight into attacking them? As far as I'm concerned I'd like as much info as possible to look at.

Archived