George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.5 Million is a lot of money as he's slightly injury prone.

Oh yeah I know it's a lot for a lad who's barely played throughout his career and has had injury problems, but I thought the majority of Derby fans expected him to cost us between 2 and 3 million and West Brom fans expected them to hold out for 3-5 million. That's why I'm a bit confused as to why 2.5 is considered 'daft money'

Oh yeah I know it's a lot for a lad who's barely played throughout his career and has had injury problems, but I thought the majority of Derby fans expected him to cost us between 2 and 3 million and West Brom fans expected them to hold out for 3-5 million. That's why I'm a bit confused as to why 2.5 is considered 'daft money'

It's not daft money but it's a risk for both clubs.

Will be happy if he signs though but I can see why he's not a certain starter in the Premier League !

2.5m about right considering the situation I'd say. Imagine after all this he signs, then ruptures his knee opening day. Think we'll get him though.

Had you ever heard of him before Mac signed him.

Not proven in Premier League yet.

I had actually, but I hadn't seen a lot of him. True, but you don't just lose your talents. He'll prove himself soon.

Yes.

Doesn't matter. We're not in the Premier League yet either.

Ok he's been great for us in the system that Mac plays.

I like him he's a good player but how good I suspect we still don't know.

Work in progress still for me !

It's a little bit of a gamble but I think if we're serious about kicking on from last season then it's a gamble we need to take. 

From what I saw of him he looks very good in this division.

Fortune favours the brave and all that. 

Ok he's been great for us in the system that Mac plays.

I like him he's a good player but how good I suspect we still don't know.

Work in progress still for me !

Fair play.

Genuine question: who else out there would you have in the DMC role? Hendrick cant do it, certainly don't want Hughes or Byrson there, Eustace is crackin on....I'm not sure tbh...

Archived