North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Where's your sense of humour? :D

Cheer up, it's the weekend!!!

I knew it was a lie. No way would West Brom accept only

Always, a bad season doesn't make you a small club, when Leeds were in League 1 didn't mean they were a small club, same can (sort of) be said for Pompey, but WBA have never been known as a "Big Club" especially compared to Villa/Wolves.

Bite.

But check out the most successful clubs in the UK and you'll see we are above you, not questioning Villa or Wolves' heritage, just yours.

So I've looked at WBA's attendances (both home and away), their record signings, the turnover and profit made in the last decade. Also the average league position.

I've compared this to Derby County and it's thrown up a shocking discovery

Barcelona haven't heard of either of us.

Put the tape measure away. Zzz

Bite.

But check out the most successful clubs in the UK and you'll see we are above you, not questioning Villa or Wolves' heritage, just yours.

Really, that surprised me. How many times have West Brom won the league, I thought they had only done it once? 

Never mind, I don't think trophies constitutes a big team at all. Otherwise, you've got to take Forest into account as one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Yet, they struggle to fill their poxy council ground - it's senseless. 

Surely, a following of a football club should determine a size of a club? That's my own personal opinion anyway. 

So I've looked at WBA's attendances (both home and away), their record signings, the turnover and profit made in the last decade. Also the average league position.

I've compared this to Derby County and it's thrown up a shocking discovery

Barcelona haven't heard of either of us.

Put the tape measure away. Zzz

Barcelona were tracking Hughes weren't they?

ok, show me then please

Did you bypass the whole Mirror article? He basically said that he's been depressed at West Brom and is desperate for the move.

The headline, actually, didn't fit what he was saying. He didn't issue an ultimatum as such, he just wants out. 

After reading through what I've missed on here I think I'll clear up a few things.

When Burton said "It's up to George", he was referring to him getting in the first team or not. We're obviously not promising him first team football if he isn't the best option in the position.

And I don't understand the thought that Thorne was being left to rot in the reserves for years before now. The guy is only 21 so has only been of a first team standard for 1-2 years now. Below you'll see that he had a horrible injury at the beginning of 2013, right after he had just impressed in performances against Man United amongst others. This put him out for the rest of the 12-13 season. The rehabilitation from this obviously saw him get loaned out to Watford and Derby, as it did obviously stunt his development.

Please don't start saying West Brom treated him badly or anything. I think he will be sold to you guys, but putting a player on the transfer list heavily reduces the price tag, so Peace can play business man with you and squeeze every last drop of money out of him.

It's sad to see George go, not that he will be heavily missed in the first team. He certainly is one for the future however.

Did you bypass the whole Mirror article? He basically said that he's been depressed at West Brom and is desperate for the move.

The headline, actually, didn't fit what he was saying. He didn't issue an ultimatum as such, he just wants out. 

I just read it.I actually never saw that article before. Despite not trusting the Mirror much, it seems that he is quite a demanding guy considering the competition he was up against.

If he was to stay, I'm sure Irvine would bring him in and around the first team. But it would be weird to see him stay after this whole saga.

If he has been depressed at West Brom why did he sign a three and a half year contract in January? It just doesn't make sense. His agent will have negotiated the deal after lengthy consultations with the player. Unhappy players don't agree to long contract extensions unless they have got a screw loose. It sounds like he is spinning a line to justify asking for a move and Derby fans have swallowed it, hook, line and sinker.

If he has been depressed at West Brom why did he sign a three and a half year contract in January? It just doesn't make sense. His agent will have negotiated the deal after lengthy consultations with the player. Unhappy players don't agree to long contract extensions unless they have got a screw loose. It sounds like he is spinning a line to justify asking for a move and Derby fans have swallowed it, hook, line and sinker.

You don't know what has gone off behind closed doors and how the situation is at the club is for him and in general, so to say he has a screw loose is well, frankly ridiculous.

I had a look at one of your forums and quite a few of Baggies fans are very concerned by the atmosphere and running of the club.  

Archived