George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

If we loaned him and got promoted, regardless of an option to buy, he'd join.

Not particularly in my opinion. One of the most appealing aspects of GT is his potential. He's future England caliber for me, reminds me very much of Tom Huddlestone when he came through the ranks here.

Exactly, which is why we are reluctant to let him leave.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always? ELEVEN!!!!

Sleeping giant? :D

Always, a bad season doesn't make you a small club, when Leeds were in League 1 didn't mean they were a small club, same can (sort of) be said for Pompey, but WBA have never been known as a "Big Club" especially compared to Villa/Wolves.

Thorne is better than Huddlestone ever was in a Derby shirt.

Huddlestone was younger though, but Thorne is someone I'd want in my team regardless - he's a top, top player.

Those who're saying 'he has only played blah blah games' - it really doesn't matter. If, and hopefully when, he signs I wouldn't want us to accept anything less than 8 figures for him.

West Brom would be absolute mugs to sell him to us, thick as f*ck, but at the same time they're unsure whether he'll play there - incredible really.

If we sign him, I'd back him with great confidence to be the best player in the league next season. 

Thorne is better than Huddlestone ever was in a Derby shirt.

Huddlestone was younger though, but Thorne is someone I'd want in my team regardless - he's a top, top player.

Those who're saying 'he has only played blah blah games' - it really doesn't matter. If, and hopefully when, he signs I wouldn't want us to accept anything less than 8 figures for him.

West Brom would be absolute mugs to sell him to us, thick as f*ck, but at the same time they're unsure whether he'll play there - incredible really.

If we sign him, I'd back him with great confidence to be the best player in the league next season. 

Could not agree more with this.

I remember speaking to friends in the week after games and saying "I cant figure out why WBA have loaned him out to us, cos by my reckoning he could walk into their team"

He is that good. A top top player who makes the game look easy.

If we get him and he stays fit, he could be the best player in the division quite comfortably.

It's not. Never put an apostrophe in a plural. Apostrophes are possessive.

It angers me and I have a good mind to change it.

see that is what I thought. Mind set at ease now can start reading the thread now.

so has Thorne signed then or what?

Archived