George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

As I've said previously, this deal is hinged on coming to a end point and Thorne being in a Derby top.

The worst thing for West Brom now would be for us to walk away from the table and sign Tajeda (or whoever) - I think they're just trying to milk us for all we can, obviously if a new bidder comes in then we'll look daft.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's in anyone's interest for Thorne to be at West Brom next season.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've said previously, this deal is hinged on coming to a end point and Thorne being in a Derby top. The worst thing for West Brom now would be for us to walk away from the table and sign Tajeda (or whoever) - I think they're just trying to milk us for all we can, obviously if a new bidder comes in then we'll look daft. Nevertheless, I don't think it's in anyone's interest for Thorne to be at West Brom next season.

How could it possibly be the worst thing for west brom if derby walked away?

If Derby do walk away Thorne will need to grow a pair and get on with the job he is paid handsomely to do.

Whether or not he is happy with that is irrelevant, plenty of people around the country doing jobs they are not "happy" with, but still manage to put a shift in

The only redeeming feature of the whole area is the transport links to other places. Even those are usually gridlocked with people escaping.

Sorry to hear that, didn't realise it had got that bad in Derby

Almost playing out identical to the way we signed Johnny Russell last year - the only noises coming out are from the selling club, trying to drum up more interest and make it a bidding war. Nobody at DCFC has said anything so far, other than John Vicars asking for patience.

For what it's worth, I think this is all going to come down to how the deal is structured. £2million up front plus another million when we go up, and he's our man.....

If Derby do walk away Thorne will need to grow a pair and get on with the job he is paid handsomely to do.

Whether or not he is happy with that is irrelevant, plenty of people around the country doing jobs they are not "happy" with, but still manage to put a shift in

Not many in the football world are unhappy but still put a shift in. You're confusing football with reality there!

In a game that is so hinged on emotion, I have always felt uncomfortable with players that even suggest - never mind comment - on their heart not being at a club.

No player is bigger than the club, and I wouldn't want a potentially 'bad apple' at the club disrupting matters, it sets a bad example.

The Premier League supporter mindset I guess finds that acceptable, but I wouldn't want anyone at Derby who didn't want to be there. It makes no sense, I wouldn't want to cheer on a player that didn't respect the club I support - regardless of who he is.

If I was a West Brom fan, I'd want Thorne gone as soon as possible, especially before pre-season training.

George Thorne made a huge mistake when he went public and upset the West Brom chairman. Now he has firmly dug his heels in and it doesn't matter what Thorne wants. He is using him as an example that he will not be pushed around by young players, even if it means keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. As for being a West Brom supporter I will treat that with the comtempt that it deserves, I am just trying to inject some realism into the debate and another half million quid just won't cut it I'm afraid to say. We would only sell Hughes if someone offered a large amount over the odds, even if he fancied the move, and rightly so. Fans would go nuts if we started to give in to demands made by our players.

Good points mate.

Unfortunately Derby are far bigger than WBA, Smethwick is a shitehole, The Black Country Museum is shiter than the Crich Tramway Museum in Derbyshire, Ikea at Ilkeston is better than Ikea at Walsall etc, etc, Kevin Hector was better than Jeff Astle, That bloke from the Goodies is funnier than Frank Skinner, Robert Lindsay is better than any second rate actor who sings songs for you. Chiles is a huge cat funt with vvank hair.

ave it! :p

When we had that Burnley fan on a few months back, I really really enjoyed that comparison that he and some of our fans made between Burnley and Derby in that intelligent debate. I really learned a lot about both places.

Glad we get to do the same with Birmingham now too. It's a cracking read.

When we had that Burnley fan on a few months back, I really really enjoyed that comparison that he and some of our fans made between Burnley and Derby in that intelligent debate. I really learned a lot about both places.

Glad we get to do the same with Birmingham now too. It's a cracking read.

One tries to elevate the debate....

In a game that is so hinged on emotion, I have always felt uncomfortable with players that even suggest - never mind comment - on their heart not being at a club. No player is bigger than the club, and I wouldn't want a potentially 'bad apple' at the club disrupting matters, it sets a bad example. The Premier League supporter mindset I guess finds that acceptable, but I wouldn't want anyone at Derby who didn't want to be there. It makes no sense, I wouldn't want to cheer on a player that didn't respect the club I support - regardless of who he is. If I was a West Brom fan, I'd want Thorne gone as soon as possible, especially before pre-season training.

Unfortunately it is false emotion, show me a badge kisser and I'll show you a player that will be off at the mention of signing on fee

Good points mate. Unfortunately Derby are far bigger than WBA, Smethwick is a shitehole, The Black Country Museum is shiter than the Crich Tramway Museum in Derbyshire, Ikea at Ilkeston is better than Ikea at Walsall etc, etc, Kevin Hector was better than Jeff Astle, That bloke from the Goodies is funnier than Frank Skinner, Robert Lindsay is better than any second rate actor who sings songs for you. Chiles is a huge cat funt with vvank hair. ave it! :p

Good points mate. Unfortunately Derby are far bigger than WBA, Smethwick is a shitehole, The Black Country Museum is shiter than the Crich Tramway Museum in Derbyshire, Ikea at Ilkeston is better than Ikea at Walsall etc, etc, Kevin Hector was better than Jeff Astle, That bloke from the Goodies is funnier than Frank Skinner, Robert Lindsay is better than any second rate actor who sings songs for you. Chiles is a huge cat funt with vvank hair. ave it! :p

Some, all or none of that statement may or may not be true.

What is true is both Derby and Birmngham have good & ***** areas. To think otherwise is small minded.

Also pretty sure Mr Thorne will reside in one of the nicer areas of greater Birmingham and not the slums of Handsworth.

So all this childish my towns better than yours is ********

What is true is both Derby and Birmngham have good & ***** areas. To think otherwise is small minded.

Also pretty sure Mr Thorne will reside in one of the nicer areas of greater Birmingham and not the slums of Handsworth.

He was having a bit of fun.. Lighten the **** up

All I'm saying on the matter is that I see no reason to want to live anywhere but Alvaston. Handful of pubs, carvery, several takeaway, a post office, a co op and a Tesco!! And Iceland for those weeks when that fooking horse let you down.

I left once. Never again

Unfortunately it is false emotion, show me a badge kisser and I'll show you a player that will be off at the mention of signing on fee

I don't disagree, but when a player is kissing a badge, at that moment in time at least, you can see that he is fully committed to the cause.

It's fickle emotion, as with anything in life; however, once a player wants out then it's incredibly hard to win them round.

All I'm saying on the matter is that I see no reason to want to live anywhere but Alvaston. Handful of pubs, carvery, several takeaway, a post office, a co op and a Tesco!! And Iceland for those weeks when that fooking horse let you down.I left once. Never again

Each to their own i guess

Archived