George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say right from the start what our stance would be.

Who on here was it who said

1. WBA are a selling club and

2. Derby are minted?

Wrong on both counts by the looks

Shows what you know. Our investors are worth a hell of a lot. We can't just go spending ridiculous sums of money due to FFP. Besides even if you are minted does not mean you should play twice for what a player is worth. 

DERBY County have had a second bid for midfielder George Thorne rejected by West Bromwich Albion.

I understand the bid was around £1.5m plus add ons-ons taking it to a potential £2m.

The Rams' first offer of just under £1m was turned down by Albion earlier this month. Albion have said Thorne is not for sale.

The Baggies also rejected a transfer request from the 21-year-old who impressed during his loan spell at Derby last season.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-second-bid-West-Brom-s-George-Thorne/story-21279023-detail/story.html#ixzz35US58vP0

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-second-bid-West-Brom-s-George-Thorne/story-21279023-detail/story.html#b7scwPZQmWb7CQzQ.99

I did say right from the start what our stance would be.

Who on here was it who said

1. WBA are a selling club and

2. Derby are minted?

Wrong on both counts by the looks

If wba have really said" no not at any price" why have derby bid again!? And why would derbys bid be so low? Makes me think 500k more will do it! WBA seem to be trying to buying older player that have played for big teams in the prem that dont come cheap ask QPR!

WBA seem to be trying to buying older player that have played for big teams in the prem that dont come cheap ask QPR!

oh dear  :lol:

Have you looked at the Lescott transfer and assumed that every transfer we are looking to do will be the same?

If theres one thing we wont do, it's a "QPR".

I think its got to be nearer the £3mil mark plus appearance add-ons for the national team plus % sell on clauses to make the deal appealing enough.

But thats just my opinion lets hope Sam can sort this one out as it will be a real coup.

Shows what you know. Our investors are worth a hell of a lot. We can't just go spending ridiculous sums of money due to FFP. Besides even if you are minted does not mean you should play twice for what a player is worth.

that's Lesta 2 years ago init

2million with another million add ons and probably a percentage for selling on....

That's just my idea of the value!

what a smashing idea.

I will get my coat.... Mind you if you read my posts in the past, my history with cash is a little loose and free willed.... ;)

I will get my coat.... Mind you if you read my posts in the past, my history with cash is a little loose and free willed.... ;)

lol! I agree.

But I was referring to the fact I said a similar thing about 5 weeks ago.

The sell on clause should clinch it. Both sides win, we get a reduced price, they possibly get a bigger payout in the future when he signs for Barca with Hughes.

lol! I agree.

But I was referring to the fact I said a similar thing about 5 weeks ago.

The sell on clause should clinch it. Both sides win, we get a reduced price, they possibly get a bigger payout in the future when he signs for Barca with Hughes.

it's just like bartering with a man abroad trying to sell you designer sun glasses on the beach.... "I give you nice price" etc.... Just like a formal dance.... There nearly at the end of the samba now and awaiting a ten from Len

1. In 4/5 past seasons you've had to sell players to buy, that would indicate you are a selling club 2. 1 of our owners alone is worth 1.5 billion, just because we aren't throwing tons of money around doesn't mean we don't have it

Had to sell to buy, or just normal transfer dealings to try to improve the squad year on year? Depends what kind of spin you want to put on it.

Yeh but he ain't for sale...

It's like if someone said to me...

"How much for your dog mate"

I would say not for sale.

"Give you £500 mate"

Like I said, not for sale.

"Ok, give you a grand my san"

What don't you understand.

Close thread, yes?

Time to start looking elsewhere.

Noway on this green earth should we pay over the odds for a single player, based on what? A dozen games.

Crazy money for someone who's managed a mere 50 games in his entire career.

For what's its worth, he will sign 100℅ certain of it

Yeh but he ain't for sale...

It's like if someone said to me...

"How much for your dog mate"

I would say not for sale.

"Give you £500 mate"

Like I said, not for sale.

"Ok, give you a grand my san"

What don't you understand.

Close thread, yes?

But if your dog kept costing you in vet bills, then bit you, you had 24 other dogs and didn't really love him.....£1k isn't such a bad idea?

Archived