Birmingham City v Derby County

sage

poor Derby, very poor.

games like this we needed to win.

Poor? No chance... Best we've played this year. Just sloppy defending, but attacking we were outstanding. Should of been out of site with the chances we've had. So many clear cut chances, but game changed when...

1. Hughes came off. Ran the game and was outstanding. Hendrick gave away the ball with a **** touch for their second and didn't go down for the free kick where he would of won a free kick but didn't. They broke, won a corner and scored

2. Foul. Wisdom won the ball but was then shoved in the back and fouled... Went out for a corner, they scored.

3. Sloppy defending. All 3 goals were very sloppy, free header for the first, didn't react to Grants save for the 2nd and a free knock in for the unmarked macheda.

On the way out some Brum fans were telling me we were the best offensive team this season, and Hughes was the best player they've seen this season. We're so close to being unstoppable. Ward and Hughes were excellant, as was Martin, and Russell looked so bright when he came on, deserves a start.

Ratings

Grant 6 - 4 shots and 3 goals, simple. Was helpless for 2 but should of done better for the first

Wisdom 7

Keogh 6

Buxton 6

Forsyth 7 (his goal was some brilliant football from him and Martin)

Eustace 7

Bryson 6

Hughes 9 (MOTM)

Ward 8

Martin 8

Bamford 7

Russell 7

Sammon N/A

Hendrick 5

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have to tighten up at the back tho'.

the goals against column is awful for a top 6 side.

no problem with our attacking play it is fantastic.  but some of the defending by a range of players (not certain individuals) has been comical at times

Who was at fault for the goals today? Something needs to be done about the defence. clearly with so many goals being conceded something needs changing around back there, a loan centre half? Not sure but definitely needs a kick up the back side

I went.

Reason we conceded:

2nd goal: Jeff Hendrick gave the ball away after a poor ball to him from Bamford, then we didn't double up on Burke.

3rd goal: Chris Martin is our near post man on corners, he was off the pitch for the corner. It gets whipped in and whoever then takes his job makes a mess of it.

Shame good chnace to get near QPR and Burnley.

we have to tighten up at the back tho'.

the goals against column is awful for a top 6 side.

no problem with our attacking play it is fantastic.  but some of the defending by a range of players (not certain individuals) has been comical at times

I think you're right. Defending is a team game too. Although there is the occasional individual error, it doesn't look as though we're defending too well as a unit. I understand why Hughes was given a rest today today but once he was off, I think we missed him too much. He keeps the ball away from the opposition.

emporers new clothes

he's good  most of the time. that's it.  hes ok. great bloke - works hard - does as he's told, listens to the coach, has improved no end. but he's not great or even excellent. let's get real

and how the **** did he get mom on tues.!?

why do we keep letting so many goals?

Maybe if Bamford had not made the inexperianced mistake they would not have scored the 2nd!! sometimes people are to quick to jump on the back of the regular scapegoat

Sounds like Ward played well out on the let and Hughes is getting back to his best.

Ward was terrific motm in my opinion, Bamford was probably our worst outfield player, he is a front man not a winger, Russell was much more of a threat.

Sounds like Ward played well out on the let and Hughes is getting back to his best.

Thats good; although it means some people will need a new scapegoat....

Good point imo although disappointed not to take 3, 50 odd still to play for though

Archived