The demise of Forest

ladyram

Is it me or have florist (creditable performance at Hudds aside) made heavy weather of things in recent weeks? Two goes at Preston, blew it at Sheff Utd, blew it at Blackpool, and I seem to remember some fairly even games they nicked.

Has Billy gone and bolloxed it up again by signing an over-large and over-paid batch of expensive flops in January??

Now is their test over this next three games. If they can come through with colours flying then fair play to them, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest aren't under-achieving, in my opinion.

They have a budget for a top 6 side, and they're a top 6 side.

No matter how much more than us they've spent, I bet their wage budget is less than Bolton's and Wigan's for instance (never mind Leicester, QPR, Blackburn and Reading...etc)

Someone that talks abit of sense on here

Tounge in cheek, stats are often misleading as a team can huff and puff but not look like scoring.

I was disappointed at our performance on Sunday even though I think a draw probably would have been the fair result. But there's no way we deserved to beat Preston in the replay so these things even themselves out.

You sound a broken record constantly going on about our underachievement. Where do you think we should be in the league?

You lot sound like a broken record going on about the past all the time, I'm just following your leads and going on about the present all the time.

You should be more than disappointed, you should be angry that your team allowed that to happen.

If I was a gump fan I'd be embarrassed if my league position was lower than our local rivals and having spent more and have a legendary manager (who by the way has achieved nothing at your place), while being a Ram fan we get to laugh at your manager and his unique usage of the English language on a weekly basis and as a bonus we are higher in the league than you.

You lot sound like a broken record going on about the past all the time, I'm just following your leads and going on about the present all the time.

You should be more than disappointed, you should be angry that your team allowed that to happen.

If I was a gump fan I'd be embarrassed if my league position was lower than our local rivals and having spent more and have a legendary manager (who by the way has achieved nothing at your place), while being a Ram fan we get to laugh at your manager and his unique usage of the English language on a weekly basis and as a bonus we are higher in the league than you.

If be more embarrassed if I was you ;)

Welcome to mcramfan

You can't get an opinion from him without it being totally biased due to his pure hatred of forest :)

Hang about….

Is that the only qualification required?

We really need a thread containing the words of wisdom that spill from the keyboards of some gumps….

puds1970 - "You could bet your bottom dollar if we had a Sunday league hoofer like Buxton at the heart of our defence we'd already be doomed to league 2 football next season."

Mick - "Agree. A lot of their players are dog ****. How they keep on winning is beyond me."

winnits - "Another spawny finish"

Tony Woodcock's Love Child - "Yep. Was definitely meant to be a cross until the wind got it."

In fairness, I'm sure that the above two are in jest

My favourite though is...

Francis Benali (on loan) - "Lucky red kit wins again."

Never a truer word spoken in jest.

Lovely stuff.

It's great when the gumps come out with this stuff as you can tell they are rattled. Their collective sense of entitlement can't take it. That and a complete lack of football knowledge. 

Why does it matter you are above us? We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

Davies has kept us up when we looked likely to be relegated and taken us to two top 6 places and we are well on course for a third. Nigel Clough achieved nothing in 4 and a half years apart from keeping you as a mediocre side who never looked capable of putting together a promotion challenge.

Just because your team in 06/07 was not capable of playing anything other than hoof ball do not generalise about ourselves.

We dint need to, commentators and gunps i work with and reporters do it for us

Forest sat back to hold a lead, negative foot al and try to hit on the break etc..

Typical Billy - get a goal then defend. Sit back and clear long (hoof)

Why does it matter you are above us? We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

Davies has kept us up when we looked likely to be relegated and taken us to two top 6 places and we are well on course for a third. Nigel Clough achieved nothing in 4 and a half years apart from keeping you as a mediocre side who never looked capable of putting together a promotion challenge.

A) he's not our manager any more, so how is that relevant, whether we agree with you or not. Daveo sis still your manager, and he's still achieved the square root of **** all.

B) Nigel built the majority if this team, which, I think you'll find if you check the league, is mounting a decent challenge for promotion. We'll never know what might have happened if we kept him on, all we know is what is happening. And what is happening is, we're going up.

Fawaz speaking on FFP:

Forest have spent big in an effort to secure promotion to the top flight, with close to £7m invested this season alone.

But Al Hasawi has no concerns about breaching financial fair play rules.

"We have some companies, from Kuwait, who are providing sponsorship to the club," he said. "That will cover the fair play situation. We have six or seven companies who will support the club when it comes to the fair play.

"No, we are doing things right, with regard to the fair play rules.

"The money from Kuwait is covering the financial losses, actually."

Maybe we will be well within the rules after all then?

He put some good players together and did install the passing game into them.

He just didn't really have the bravery to let them go for it.

McClaren has come in, took the leash off and added a couple of clever signings to polish us up.

Fawaz speaking on FFP:

Maybe we will be well within the rules after all then?

He says companies from Kuwait who 'will support the club' and unknown unnamed companies sponsoring the club

Here's a thing - any deal by sponsors are investigated for market value and related parties. If you can't name the companies, and fans can't name their sponsors, then the deaks can't have significant market value.

As for those the will support the club - I think us a case of if we get promoted then bigger sponsors will cone in to pay the fine etc. ..

Archived