The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing, as soon as cold hard facts are posted all the Gumps dissapear.

So they have stopped one winding up petition, now all the others will see this as the best way to get what they are owed.

I've been saying for months that this would happen and it's either promotion or bust.

Gumps are literally going for broke, fawaz isn't going to clear that debt, his gamble is promotion as that will clear the debt and he'll pocket the rest.

Perhaps waiting for court action before paying debts is good business practice. After all one of the oldest law firms in Scotland did it and it worked for them

were informed of the decision at a meeting in the firm’s West Regent Street office in Glasgow. It is estimated that when the firm is finally wound up, 40 to 50 jobs will be lost. The announcement follows uncertainty about the firm’s future after the Court of Session appointed Henderson Loggie to check its financial records at the start of April.

The move followed concerns flagged up by the Law Society of Scotland during a routine inspection of the accounts.

In addition to the appointment of the judicial factor, four partners – Alan Miller, Jim Price, Joseph Mullen and Paul McHolland – had their practising certificates suspended while the investigation was carried out.

Also, in the middle of last month, the firm was ordered by a court to pay almost £50,000 in unpaid rent on its Paisley office.

Mr Mitchell said they had taken “all reasonable steps to continue trading”, but the “extremely challenging financial circumstances” they found the company in meant it was always going to be difficult. He told The Scotsman earlier tonight: “There were a number of factors that have exacerbated the difficult conditions that led to us deciding that, even though I had the power to continue trading, it was felt that in the circumstances it was more appropriate to cease trading in the immediate time.

It is amazing, as soon as cold hard facts are posted all the Gumps dissapear.

So they have stopped one winding up petition, now all the others will see this as the best way to get what they are owed.

I've been saying for months that this would happen and it's either promotion or bust.

Gumps are literally going for broke, fawaz isn't going to clear that debt, his gamble is promotion as that will clear the debt and he'll pocket the rest.

@nottmtails: For those asking #nffc won't be in court on Monday. They had been issued with a winding up petition, but the issue has been settled.

@nottmtails: The petition had been issued by Impact Sports Management Ltd. They have subsequently confirmed that the situation has been resolved #nffc

@nottmtails: It is not as dramatic or bad as it might sound. Winding up orders are frequently used in this manner #nffc

Basically it is a highly dubious practice carried out by incompetents or crooks.

Your choice.

£15 pound actually

What's the price if a ticket got to do with it

Everything to you lot.

That reminds me - must check my phone contract.

Archived