The demise of Forest

ladyram

You're going nowhere lads. Laugh away.

We beat you 5-0. Finished the top scorers playing entertaining attacking football finishing 3rd in the league. We went to Wembley for the second time and lost to a 90th minute strike after outplaying the most expensively assembled team this division has seen.

Laugh away.

How was your season? Lol

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going nowhere lads. Laugh away.

We beat you 5-0. Finished the top scorers playing entertaining attacking football finishing 3rd in the league. We went to Wembley for the second time and lost to a 90th minute strike after outplaying the most expensively assembled team this division has seen.

Laugh away.

How was your season? Lol

Disappointing but a million miles from the worst we have seen.

Southampton to take a dart at McClaren?

Mac will be here next season. Thanks to our media he's still trying to rebuild his reputation that ,like Capello's, took a hammering because he couldn't make the "Stevie G" and "Roo" win stuff. Plus he was genuinely rubbish at Forest and now needs us to put him back on the map as much as we needed a boost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not laughing at Forest. Barely paid them any attention since we beat them 5-0. Focused on our promotion rivals.

No heartbreak for you at Wembley. Nicely played Billy. Very smart

A striker who scored no goals in 18 appearances last season? No thank you.

Chopra will end up at a League One club next season.

If that's his level, he'll perhaps be a decent signing for Forest the year after - when Pearce just might become a hero of the stature of Calderwood.

Got £50 to say he won't. Are you on?

Mac will be here next season. Thanks to our media he's still trying to rebuild his reputation that ,like Capello's, took a hammering because he couldn't make the "Stevie G" and "Roo" win stuff. Plus he was genuinely rubbish at Forest and now needs us to put him back on the map as much as we needed a boost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not laughing at Forest. Barely paid them any attention since we beat them 5-0. Focused on our promotion rivals.

No heartbreak for you at Wembley. Nicely played Billy. Very smart

Come on, you cannot compare McClaren with England and Capello. For starters under Capello England qualified easily for two major tournaments whereas we all know what happened with Euro 2008.

Even Graham Taylor took England to Euro 92.

Got £50 to say he won't. Are you on?

Would not take you up on that because there is no vacancy (even though it looks like there will be soon) and I have no idea of the sort of manager who they would look at. However, if McClaren keeps on perfoming impressively at Derby then I think Premier League clubs will make an approach sooner or later.

However, I will bet you £50 happily that we will not be relegated. Loser pays it to the other person's nominated charity?

Would not take you up on that because there is no vacancy (even though it looks like there will be soon) and I have no idea of the sort of manager who they would look at. However, if McClaren keeps on perfoming impressively at Derby then I think Premier League clubs will make an approach sooner or later.

However, I will bet you £50 happily that we will not be relegated. Loser pays it to the other person's nominated charity?

No, because I don't think that you will be relegated either. There are some particularly duff teams in the Championship next season, and if FFP hits hard, there will be a number who will not be in any sort of position to 'splash the cash'. I expect Forest, however, to do a lot of business before the end of August, and none thereafter.

Come on, you cannot compare McClaren with England and Capello. For starters under Capello England qualified easily for two major tournaments whereas we all know what happened with Euro 2008.

Even Graham Taylor took England to Euro 92.

Not really comparing them, just saying that when the media sets on someone AVB/Mac/Capello they really put them in the dirt.

McClaren must know the media have influence. That a move to a PL club now could be suicide. They'd bury him next to AVB if he didn't hit the ground running. He needs us for a bit.

No, because I don't think that you will be relegated either. There are some particularly duff teams in the Championship next season, and if FFP hits hard, there will be a number who will not be in any sort of position to 'splash the cash'. I expect Forest, however, to do a lot of business before the end of August, and none thereafter.

As we both know you have to be really, really bad to go down. Both Forest and Derby have had dreadful seasons but come through it and the season we did go down we were downright awful.

Barnsley survived for years despite struggling and having little resources.

Not really comparing them, just saying that when the media sets on someone AVB/Mac/Capello they really put them in the dirt.

McClaren must know the media have influence. That a move to a PL club now could be suicide. They'd bury him next to AVB if he didn't hit the ground running. He needs us for a bit.

Agreed and that is why most England managers have struggled since leaving the position.

Taylor, Venables, Hoddle, Keegan and Eriksson have all struggled badly rfor various reasons.

Agreed and that is why most England managers have struggled since leaving the position.

Taylor, Venables, Hoddle, Keegan and Eriksson have all struggled badly rfor various reasons.

even ramsey was sacked you would have to be v lucky to get away without that.  Don effing Revie

Suits us though.

We had a team that fitted his ideas. He obviously saw that the main complaint with Nigel was that he was too cautious. Steele was available. Simpson too. After his failure at Forest he was probably on his last chance in this country as a manager.

We just fit each other.

One final test will be his transfer dealings.

Same as yours I guess.

Didn't get promoted

Beat our local rivals

Got their manager the sack

See you next season, honours even.

Run up more debt.

Had a mental chairman scaring off potential new managers

Played turgid football

Had a phantom cantbearsedtoplayitis striking down the squad

Oh wait.

Run up more debt.

Had a mental chairman scaring off potential new managers

Played turgid football

Had a phantom cantbearsedtoplayitis striking down the squad

Oh wait.

Been under 3 or 4 winding up orders, failed to pay some big clubs for loans so they'll be wary of loaning to us in future, neglected the maintenance on the stadium for the nth year running....

Oh, wait....

Archived