The demise of Forest

ladyram

Master - Apprentice

Harry kept QPR organised

Steve just didn't have a plan B

Against ten men he should really have gone for it.

I agree wih you,that was going through my head during the last 30 mins.I don't

know if Mac was to blame he made changes its up to the players.We lack a bit

of leadership we are after all a young side.

Harry did well,he nullified our threat from wide areas,slowed us down,contained

Hughes.When he was forced to change,he did it without really changing tactics.A

very shrewd experienced manager,can understand why many wanted him as our

England manager.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's difficult to argue with this - few would accuse Davros of being rational or normal! :D

It would be rare to find another manager who is so universally disliked by the fans of every club he has managed.

Especially as all have had far worse managers in recent years as well.

It would be rare to find another manager who is so universally disliked by the fans of every club he has managed.

Especially as all have had far worse managers in recent years as well.

P0rnstar arguably did as much damage as Davros, but tbh, if I saw him on fire then I would at least do him the courtesy of p1ssing on him. Davros, the only thing I'd squirt on that fooker is lighter fluid.

P0rnstar arguably did as much damage as Davros, but tbh, if I saw him on fire then I would at least do him the courtesy of p1ssing on him. Davros, the only thing I'd squirt on that fooker is lighter fluid.

On paper Jewell was a brilliant candidate though, I was envious when you appointed him and thought that he would see you right (even if it meant gaining promotion the next season).

He was seriously talked about as a replacement for Pearce at Man City that summer as well.

On paper Jewell was a brilliant candidate though, I was envious when you appointed him and thought that he would see you right (even if it meant gaining promotion the next season).

He was seriously talked about as a replacement for Pearce at Man City that summer as well.

Wrong man at the wrong time. 

The owners wanted to throw some cash about when they came in, and somehow between them, and PJ, things ended up even worse. 

The writing was on the wall when he came in. Although we were still in touch, realistically, we were going down. They'd have been as well saving the £££ and assessing everything over the summer and brought in the right players. Not the deadwood that we ended up with.

Master - Apprentice

Harry kept QPR organised

Steve just didn't have a plan B

Against ten men he should really have gone for it.

Before i put you & stoners on ignore gump.

Master- Apprentice. Check the cv's of the two managers, which is best.

Harry stuck 10 men behind the ball most of the game. I could do that.

What formation would you go when playing 10 behind the ball?, Or did you expect us to lump it like you lot do.

We did everything but score, Green made two outstanding saves, grant didn't have to make 1.

Like i said in my last post, your boring, and your wumming is about as good as a 10 year olds.

Both of you are like broken records, same old ***** and talk like 10 year olds

Best team lost, but what a season we've had.

How did yours go treetards?

Bye

What formation would you go when playing 10 behind the ball?, Or did you expect us to lump it like you lot do.

We did everything but score, Green made two outstanding saves, grant didn't have to make 1.

Like i said in my last post, your boring, and your wumming is about as good as a 10 year olds.

Bye

Please don't put me on ignore. I really would miss:

Your insight.

Your Forest hating diatribe.

Bye

Bye

So how did we manage to lose according to your analysis?

Bye

What have I said?

(Weep)

We lost yesterday because of errors by our two centre backs. We were always going to score eventually in 30 minutes extra time as they tired and had no more subs left.

Florest can laugh, as we have at their play off defeats. I'd still rather be us than you right now!

We lost yesterday because of errors by our two centre backs. We were always going to score eventually in 30 minutes extra time as they tired and had no more subs left.

Florest can laugh, as we have at their play off defeats. I'd still rather be us than you right now!

I'm not entirely sure that we would. My brother and I were discussing this during the game - the way that QPR were set up at the back, we were expending more energy than they were. 

We genuinely thought the goal for us was coming. We weren't the slightest bit concerned that they would score, only that they might see the 0-0 through to penalties. Maybe Buxton and Keogh thought the same and subconsciously switched off!

We genuinely thought the goal for us was coming. We weren't the slightest bit concerned that they would score, only that they might see the 0-0 through to penalties. Maybe Buxton and Keogh thought the same and subconsciously switched off!

There were opportunities to hoof it out for a corner, but I think it didn't even cross buckos mind that they'd have an opportunity at that stage, so why give them the chance of a corner.

C'est la vie.

There were opportunities to hoof it out for a corner, but I think it didn't even cross buckos mind that they'd have an opportunity at that stage, so why give them the chance of a corner.

C'est la vie.

Bucks should have attacked the ball and put it out fit a throw in.

So how did we manage to lose according to your analysis?

By one persons individual error

That has nothing to do with tactics or cv's or the opposing manager just sticking 10 men behind the ball or us still trying to play the football and not hoofing it.

We played the better football, had the most chances, made their keeper work. We just couldn't get it in the net.

Although we lost, i'm deeply proud of what mac and the boys have achieved this season. No one with a shread of intelligence would have said we'd finish 3rd, be playoff finalists, highest scorers and have a player who won young player of the year.

Great season, nothing to be ashamed off.

Can't wait till next season.

By one persons individual error

That has nothing to do with tactics or cv's or the opposing manager just sticking 10 men behind the ball or us still trying to play the football and not hoofing it.

We played the better football, had the most chances, made their keeper work. We just couldn't get it in the net.

Although we lost, i'm deeply proud of what mac and the boys have achieved this season. No one with a shread of intelligence would have said we'd finish 3rd, be playoff finalists, highest scorers and have a player who won young player of the year.

Great season, nothing to be ashamed off.

Can't wait till next season.

Agree with most of that. Although I'd add that the goal was the result of three people's individual errors - both centre backs, and Forsyth should have done better. That's what made the goal such a p1sstake - so many opportunities to clear the ball, and one after the other, they all conspired to somehow fluff their lines and literally gifted them the goal, and in effect, the match and promotion.

It was harsh as all three had played well - Keogh the best of the three, but ultimately, they were errors of the most basic kind, at the most horrible time possible.

Archived