The demise of Forest

ladyram

Your in form and I just hope Wigan get through so it ll be a great final. I think if QPR play you they kill the game and try and nick it

When we played Wigan away they tried to play football and we beat them fairly comfortably, 3-1. When they came to our place, they killed the game at every opportunity. They won 1-0. Given the respective league games, and Uwe's reaction to what he was seeing last night, I suspect they'll look to slow things down and disrupt the flow of the game as much as possible.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, in the last two games against QPR and Wigan they've both tried to kill the game. I am expecting both sides to adopt that style. 

Well kill the game may be a bit harsh, what I mean is play reactive football rather than proactive. 

I'm not too fussed with either. Although, we have done better against Wigan this season. 

Clint Hill tried to kill Rob Kiernan. Does that count?

Watched last night's match whilst waiting for my flight, has to be said was very impressive stuff. I switched off at 3-0 after throwing several items at the tv in our accommodation.

What a fooking **** season :lol:

Don't worry dawny we ll get through it.

On to next season we go. Let's just hope the weather holds up next year and all the land mines that billy put in the training pitch have all been found and dug up.

I'm sure QPR or Wigan can deploy tactics to stop them. All this free flowing counter attacking football makes me sick. ;)

Watched  last night's match whilst waiting for my flight, has to be said was very impressive stuff. I switched off at 3-0 after throwing several items at the tv in our accommodation.

What a fooking **** season  :lol:

Time to get the sand out of your crack, Dawny and have a few beers. Welcome back.

Only question I've got, and this is an honest question - who are Forest fans crediting for our quality football? In the past we've been told that the players are average, Nigel's only fit for non-league and Shteve's a joke - yet somehow, we're blowing teams apart for fun and going to Wembley. Again. Where did it all go right?

Its just come together this season though hasn't it. If at the start of the season you'd had said Derby would finish third above Forest I would have laughed you out if the room.

Young players getting to maturity like Hendricks and Bryson combined with some very good loans like Wisdom and Thorne, never said either of those were hopeless.

I remember the good old days of seeing your line up and thinking only Commons and Hulse were any good, the rest absolute *****. Couldn't pick out a weak link yesterday.

Where we are now is the culmination of undoing all of the damage that Billy, and later P0rnstar did to us. It's taken a while but we're nearly there now. Ironic that it's two Wembley visits that will bookend those long years of struggle. We're far better placed now than when Billy got us up. Just hope we win. Ultimate slap in the face if we don't go up when we're playing fantastic football when we did get up when we played Billy-ball....

I saw that. I'm pretty sure our record under McLaren in the league is something like.

Leicester - L

Burnley - L

Brighton - W 

QPR - L W

Wigan - W L

Reading - D

Forest - W

Blackburn - D

Ipswich - L

Bournemouth W W

Middlesbrough - W L

I make that W7 D2 L6

23 points in 15 games over a 46 game season is 70.5 points. So basically against top half teams over a season we would have finished in or just outside the playoffs and ahead of Forest anyway.

That's not to mention just beating Brighton twice again...

That guy is on crack.

Or ----  maybe the guy remembers, you had another manager before Mac. Perhaps you had forgotten conveniently??

Only question I've got, and this is an honest question - who are Forest fans crediting for our quality football? In the past we've been told that the players are average, Nigel's only fit for non-league and Shteve's a joke - yet somehow, we're blowing teams apart for fun and going to Wembley. Again. Where did it all go right?

I can only think that Billy must have left you in a better state than you think, because the other three are true.

I can only think that Billy must have left you in a better state than you think, because the other three are true.

I think the state Billy's left you in is a good indicator of the number he did on us. You're in for a lean time of it for a few years now. None of you actually think that Pearce is the answer do you?

Or ----  maybe the guy remembers, you had another manager before Mac. Perhaps you had forgotten conveniently??

Yeh under Clough we lost to Burnley, Reading, Forest and Leicester early doors...

Since McLaren has come in, that stupid 'we struggle against the top clubs' myth has been well and truely blown to pieces.

Of those 15 games against top half clubs, 9 of those were also away. Clearly there is no issue at all and Steve McLaren's record against top hlf clubs is probably as good as Wigan or QPR's if not better.

Non of those things were said by me.

Personally I think your greatest asset is team togetherness. You have over performed but deserve all the credit you ve had.

Archived