The demise of Forest

ladyram

I personally wouldn't - but I guess you'd say different if you was a red dog.

No one can make a fair judgment as you watch at least 23 games of your own players and an handful of ours and visa versa.

I can't make a judgement on your players but i know Lansbury is a class player in this division

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Forest fans rather see us go up so that you wouldn't have to play us again next season, or lose in the playoffs and thereby ensure further humiliation for you next year?

Funnily enough I was thinking of this earlier and if you go up I certainly would not miss playing you next year. However, under Pearce we would at least put up some sort of battle and not roll over which was the worst thing about that day.

When he was caretaker manager of us in 1997 when we were on the verge of relegation he really got the players up for a game at the BBG and we managed to scrape a 0-0 draw.

I think you will go up as you are the best side in the play-offs, comfortably. QPR are nothing special and mediocre without Austin and Brighton and Reading are both inconsistent. Wigan are probably the best side on paper but their form seems to have deserted them.

I would laugh a lot if we let Brighton in and they beat you in the semi-finals though.

Funnily enough I was thinking of this earlier and if you go up I certainly would not miss playing you next year. However, under Pearce we would at least put up some sort of battle and not roll over which was the worst thing about that day.

When he was caretaker manager of us in 1997 when we were on the verge of relegation he really got the players up for a game at the BBG and we managed to scrape a 0-0 draw.

I think you will go up as you are the best side in the play-offs, comfortably. QPR are nothing special and mediocre without Austin and Brighton and Reading are both inconsistent. Wigan are probably the best side on paper but their form seems to have deserted them.

I would laugh a lot if we let Brighton in and they beat you in the semi-finals though.

I think it'll be Reading personally, but I'd probably prefer Brighton. Reading aren't in great form but with Le Fondre and Pog-whateverthefuckhisnameis up front they'll be dangerous. Plus I'd hate to lose to that smarmy **** Adkins.

Not sure who I'd rather have if we got to the final - QPR are in such poor form, but with the players they have in their squad could beat anyone in this division on their day. Wigan have been in great form until the last couple of weeks so perhaps their long season is catching up with them. 

We're in great form, 5 wins in a row again, but runs like that always come to an end. Just hope it's at the start of next season..... :lol:

I don't understand why they rate Lansbury so highly. I think he is a good player don't get me wrong - but let's say we get promoted this season, he is offered to us for a million - I wouldn't see the point.

He's a good Championship player that lacks the finesse to play in the Premier League - that's from what I have seen and what I can gather.

The statistics seem to back me up too. He plays less than 1 key pass per game (goalscoring opportunity) and only has a 75% pass accuracy. However, he does have over 2 shots a game.. most of which are from outside the box and off target - unsurprisingly. 

He does seem 'all-action' gets a good number of tackles in, yellow cards...etc but there is no substance to their claims about him being a 'world-class' player. 

A good Championship player, but in my opinion, way off from being a Premier League player. £1million seems about right. 

On the otherhand, I think Andy Reid has been absolutely superb this season - every game I've watched him play, he has been the driving force behind their side. 

I think you underrate him, he is not world class but a very accomplished midfielder for this level. He is no better than what you have and is not ready to play in the Premier League but he has the potential.

He needs to stop shouting his mouth off though at every opportunity he gets.

You are right about Reid and I hope he is able to produce his form again next season.

Vaughan is a class act, wins the ball and uses it well. It is a real shame he has been injured but he will be key for us next season.

On the other hand: Jara, Halford, Henderson, Cox, Abdoun, Collins, Harding, Fox, Djebbour, Majewski and Moussi are all nowhere near good enough. Halford in particular is woeful.

I think it'll be Reading personally, but I'd probably prefer Brighton. Reading aren't in great form but with Le Fondre and Pog-whateverthefuckhisnameis up front they'll be dangerous. Plus I'd hate to lose to that smarmy **** Adkins.

Not sure who I'd rather have if we got to the final - QPR are in such poor form, but with the players they have in their squad could beat anyone in this division on their day. Wigan have been in great form until the last couple of weeks so perhaps their long season is catching up with them. 

We're in great form, 5 wins in a row again, but runs like that always come to an end. Just hope it's at the start of next season..... :lol:

Agreed but I would strongly fancy you to beat either Reading or Brighton. Your thrashing of us shows how McClaren can get the side motivated for the big ocassions and even though neither will be anywhere near as bad as us, if you play like that you will be too good for them.

I don't think QPR's squad is nearly as good as people think it is. I thought they would comfortably finish in the top two this season so I have been proved wrong on that.

I would say a Derby Wigan final and you to win.

Would you be able to compete in the Premier League? Do you think McClaren would demand a lot of money and if he was not given it would the relationship go sour like it did for him at Forest?

Agreed but I would strongly fancy you to beat either Reading or Brighton. Your thrashing of us shows how McClaren can get the side motivated for the big ocassions and even though neither will be anywhere near as bad as us, if you play like that you will be too good for them.

I don't think QPR's squad is nearly as good as people think it is. I thought they would comfortably finish in the top two this season so I have been proved wrong on that.

I would say a Derby Wigan final and you to win.

Would you be able to compete in the Premier League? Do you think McClaren would demand a lot of money and if he was not given it would the relationship go sour like it did for him at Forest?

All will be apparent soon ;)

I think you underrate him, he is not world class but a very accomplished midfielder for this level. He is no better than what you have and is not ready to play in the Premier League but he has the potential.

He needs to stop shouting his mouth off though at every opportunity he gets.

You are right about Reid and I hope he is able to produce his form again next season.

Vaughan is a class act, wins the ball and uses it well. It is a real shame he has been injured but he will be key for us next season.

On the other hand: Jara, Halford, Henderson, Cox, Abdoun, Collins, Harding, Fox, Djebbour, Majewski and Moussi are all nowhere near good enough. Halford in particular is woeful.

Personally i don't think your problems are due to poor individual players. To me it seems like a group of mostly expensive signings have been thrown together where as our squad was painstakingly built on a far lower budget. Our team spirit seems a major factor, the players seem to genuinely like each other and the young lads appear to be fairly well grounded rather than the flashy chav type that some clubs have.

Nigel Clough knew the importance of having the right type of characters in the squad and left Steve with a very easy to manage group of lads.

Steve has been able to concentrate on using his undoubted coaching and tactical skills rather than worrying about factions and cliques within the squad.

Billy's return was always going to end in tears, laughter in our case. :D

Personally i don't think your problems are due to poor individual players. To me it seems like a group of mostly expensive signings have been thrown together where as our squad was painstakingly built on a far lower budget. Our team spirit seems a major factor, the players seem to genuinely like each other and the young lads appear to be fairly well grounded rather than the flashy chav type that some clubs have.

Nigel Clough knew the importance of having the right type of characters in the squad and left Steve with a very easy to manage group of lads.

Steve has been able to concentrate on using his undoubted coaching and tactical skills rather than worrying about factions and cliques within the squad.

Billy's return was always going to end in tears, laughter in our case. :D

top points Utch :cool:  :cool:

We're in great form, 5 wins in a row again, but runs like that always come to an end. Just hope it's at the start middle of next season..... :lol:

Derby appreciation society on LTLF   

Derby are playing the sort of football that would see them avoid relegation next season. It's a rare a containment side (unless they're managed by Tony Pulis it seems) manage to survive and good footballing sides usually surprise the Premier League.

If they go up, I'd wager Derby would finish highest out of the promoted teams

Derby appreciation society on LTLF   

Derby are playing the sort of football that would see them avoid relegation next season. It's a rare a containment side (unless they're managed by Tony Pulis it seems) manage to survive and good footballing sides usually surprise the Premier League.

If they go up, I'd wager Derby would finish highest out of the

Kevin got a new userid?

If you look at the table it's evident that we can finish lower than our current position

You are correct didn't notice watford had 2 games to go, that would be funny, good to see you are optimistic about retaining 11th.

You'll never make the Prem this decade, it will take that long to recover from Billy Davies handy work.

You are correct didn't notice watford had 2 games to go, that would be funny, good to see you are optimistic about retaining 11th.

You'll never make the Prem this decade, it will take that long to recover from Billy Davies handy work.

Top half though - not bad.

Archived