The demise of Forest

ladyram

It was during the 1-2 match after Nige told your lot to carry on playing despite Cohen getting injured.

I don't want to get into that old chestnut again, but your fans have sung far worse. Get over the mock outrage.

I don't give a stuff when it was . I'm commenting on it because I hadn't heard it before. 

It's not 'mock' outrage sunshine.

Get over the holier than thou attitude, it doesn't wash.

Or am I not allowed an opinion on an individual thing, just because some fooker I don't know might have said something worse.  I am commenting on it as an individual case.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who gets offended by 'songs' needs to have a long hard look at themselves in a mirror.

I find it staggering you can go a day without crying yourself into a corner.

Hear Hear

I just think that when you start singing about one persons dead dad/husband/baby or whatever, you're crossing a line somehow - it's too personal. Anyway that's my opinion...........off to me corner.  :rolleyes:

I just think that when you start singing about one persons dead dad/husband/baby or whatever, you're crossing a line somehow - it's too personal. Anyway that's my opinion...........off to me corner.  :rolleyes:

I agree you're crossing a line. But I mean, it's not offensive to me. This loadabollux about fans being angry about the chants just wind me up more. 

Unless you're Doughty's kid, or Kris Commons, or Nigel Clough.. or whoever. I just don't see how it offends people. It's not my relative, it's not my kid and it's not my dad.

I agree you're crossing a line. But I mean, it's not offensive to me. This loadabollux about fans being angry about the chants just wind me up more. 

Unless you're Doughty's kid, or Kris Commons, or Nigel Clough.. or whoever. I just don't see how it offends people. It's not my relative, it's not my kid and it's not my dad.

Ahhh some people are just sensitive souls, nothing to be ashamed of. Others though do seem intent on looking for what may offend others, which they can't possibly know and that is silly.

I dont know, 'town full of P*ki's' sang by A Block back in the day might have been a tad untasteful

I dont know, 'town full of P*ki's' sang by A Block back in the day might have been a tad untasteful

But they weren't alone in singing it. It was sung up and down the country every weekend when teams played the likes of Bradford.

And there were things said and sung that were a lot worse, It's a good job we didn't have these forums or social media in the 70's.

I thought that! But then i thought, If it wasn't for the pc brigade, Most of us wouldn't even know we were supposed to be offended in the first place.

I agree in principle but they've taken things far too far - 'chalkboard' instead of blackboard? Really? A black person is going to be offended because we refer to something as black, when in fact it IS black? Why don't we go the whole hog and just eradicate the colour/word black from the English language altogether. I notice that we're still ok with 'whiteboards though'..... :rolleyes:

Apparently manhole covers are now "Personnel access units" so as not to offend the ladies - again, really?

Whilst it's great that we're predominantly no longer the ignorant prejudicial society that we once were, it's about time that certain people dialled down the fooking rhetoric or channel their efforts where there genuinely still IS work to do in educating folks. Instead of constantly ramming stupidity down our throats for stupidity's sake.

I agree in principle but they've taken things far too far - 'chalkboard' instead of blackboard? Really? A black person is going to be offended because we refer to something as black, when in fact it IS black? Why don't we go the whole hog and just eradicate the colour/word black from the English language altogether. I notice that we're still ok with 'whiteboards though'..... :rolleyes:

Apparently manhole covers are now "Personnel access units" so as not to offend the ladies - again, really?

Whilst it's great that we're predominantly no longer the ignorant prejudicial society that we once were, it's about time that certain people dialled down the fooking rhetoric or channel their efforts where there genuinely still IS work to do in educating folks. Instead of constantly ramming stupidity down our throats for stupidity's sake.

Can't argue with any of the above.

Anyone who gets offended by 'songs' needs to have a long hard look at themselves in a mirror.

I find it staggering you can go a day without crying yourself into a corner.

Calm down folks, I believe this was kicked off by Mrs Ram enquiring about the 'You're Dad would be ashamed' chant, which was first mentioned in the article that was linked to some pages back (m'lud).

In the context of that article, it's talking about the likelihood of Clough going to Forest, and the fact that it's not very likely after treatment like that. Therefore, in the context of the conversation, it's not about whether you or I are offended by the chant, but whether Nigel is, which I think we all agree that he has a right to be, as it's about him and his Dad personally.

I don't give a stuff when it was . I'm commenting on it because I hadn't heard it before. 

It's not 'mock' outrage sunshine.

Get over the holier than thou attitude, it doesn't wash.

Or am I not allowed an opinion on an individual thing, just because some fooker I don't know might have said something worse.  I am commenting on it as an individual case.

Now look what you've done Mrs. Ram, somehow your harmless enquiry about a chant has ended up in a debate about the stupidities of the PC brigade. There'll be no stopping them now. :rolleyes: (I don't often bring the smilies out, but this is worth a rolls eyes).

We'll have about 6 pages of this now (or at least until Forest loose again tomorrow and we have something else to laugh about).

Archived