The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were doing one, But the wind was in the wrong direction and was blowing the rain into their eyes, So they went to the pub.

Rain be buggered. It were sleet.

I think it's shi7

Fail to see how that is in anyway funny

I just wish it came accompanied with subtitles

a. He talks like a tramp

b. I'm very deaf, and I really can't be bothered to interface my hearing aids to the Bluetooth on my laptop.

As much as I dislike everything about Forest, I think it is pretty unwise to all sit here laughing about this.

At the end of the day it is news like this that leads to us fans paying £35 to watch a match.

good man

Not a chance I'd be laughing if it was the other way round

Totally agree, would stand by side with any football fan mate if stuff goes tits up, it's the fans that suffer the most. Would happily stand side by side with you boys.

Still hope you get relegated though ;)

Two years ago Forest had their slate effectively wiped clean, so they brought back the dwarf and spent, spent, spent - and it looks at the moment as though that gamble hasn't worked out the way they envisaged (although there are still 13 games to go, so who knows?). Meanwhile, Derby have cut their cloth accordingly, stabilised over a long period with a sensible youth policy and acquiring players from the lower reaches of the league, rebuilt the club from the bottom up and are going about things in my opinion the right and fair way.

You will get no sympathy from me about Forest's problems regarding meeting the FFP rules (which the Championship clubs themselves voted for democratically - it was not forced upon them) - not a jot, not for an instant. They can go bust for all I care.

Two years ago Forest had their slate effectively wiped clean, so they brought back the dwarf and spent, spent, spent - and it looks at the moment as though that gamble hasn't worked out the way they envisaged (although there are still 13 games to go, so who knows?). Meanwhile, Derby have cut their cloth accordingly, stabilised over a long period with a sensible youth policy and acquiring players from the lower reaches of the league, rebuilt the club from the bottom up and are going about things in my opinion the right and fair way.

You will get no sympathy from me about Forest's problems regarding meeting the FFP rules (which the Championship clubs themselves voted for democratically - it was not forced upon them) - not a jot, not for an instant. They can go bust for all I care.

We were left with not even enough players to field a team when the Al Hasawis came in, money had to be spent to make the side competitive.

We were left with not even enough players to field a team when the Al Hasawis came in, money had to be spent to make the side competitive.

Yes, but not £10m. Even with your injury 'crisis', your bench the other day cost more than 5 times our entire team.

Yes, but not £10m. Even with your injury 'crisis', your bench the other day cost more than 5 times our entire team.

Fair enough and it does show what a big squad we have that we have not resorted to youth players. The FA Cup replay in 2009 when we lost 3-2 we only had 11 fit players (some of whom were not up to Championship football) and had not one senior on the bench. That is a proper crisis and did show how inadequate the squad was in quantity and quality at that time.

However, losing Cohen, Wilson, Reid, Lansbury, Hobbs and Vaughan will have a massive effect on results. These are top players for this level not just average players like Collins, Harding or Henderson.

Fair enough and it does show what a big squad we have that we have not resorted to youth players. The FA Cup replay in 2009 when we lost 3-2 we only had 11 fit players (some of whom were not up to Championship football) and had not one senior on the bench. That is a proper crisis and did show how inadequate the squad was in quantity and quality at that time.

However, losing Cohen, Wilson, Reid, Lansbury, Hobbs and Vaughan will have a massive effect on results. These are top players for this level not just average players like Collins, Harding or Henderson.

But when they were playing you weren't actually doing much better

But when they were playing you weren't actually doing much better

We were comfortably on course to finish in the play-offs though. I fear we will just drop away now.

On the topic of FFP if we do get fined or put under transfer embargoes then we will have to accept it as we knew what the rules of the competition were. Had FFP worked then you could have seen wages and transfer fees come down to a more realistic level as well as the clubs simply would not have had the money to pay them to stay within budget.

Is it legal to ban owners from pouring money into their clubs though? It will be interesting to see if the FL enforces the rules stringently and whether the challenge works.

We were comfortably on course to finish in the play-offs though. I fear we will just drop away now.

On the topic of FFP if we do get fined or put under transfer embargoes then we will have to accept it as we knew what the rules of the competition were. Had FFP worked then you could have seen wages and transfer fees come down to a more realistic level as well as the clubs simply would not have had the money to pay them to stay within budget.

Is it legal to ban owners from pouring money into their clubs though? It will be interesting to see if the FL enforces the rules stringently and whether the challenge works.

It was the FL clubs who voted for it - democratically.

How ironic that the ones who cheat are claiming that being told that they are not going to able to cheat any longer is unfair. Sorry, but that's tough.

Archived