Cheese of the day.

RamNut

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.  :p  Ever had it with Chimay Blue that is 4-5 years old ?

Afraid not. I've only ever had one bottle of Chimay Blue of that age or more, and I've still got it (it will be consumed the day I retire). 

Afraid not. I've only ever had one bottle of Chimay Blue of that age or more, and I've still got it (it will be consumed the day I retire). 

Can you get older vintages of Fullers Vintage or Thomas Hardys Ale there at pubs ?

Chimay Grand Classique

(you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?)

I now picture you clearly living a life of quietude and obedience sustained by cheese, beer and Motorhead.

Can you get older vintages of Fullers Vintage or Thomas Hardys Ale there at pubs ?

Not that I am aware.

There has been a lengthy campaign to get Thomas Hardy's Ale produced again, and there is a distinct possibility that it might just be a few months away from making a triumphant return.

After all, Dogbolter is available again so there's hope. That's now produced by Gadd's brewery of course since the Firkin pubs were bought out back in 1999. I tried it at a beer festival a couple of years ago but it didn't quite taste the same as David Bruce's masterpiece.

Not that I am aware.

There has been a lengthy campaign to get Thomas Hardy's Ale produced again, and there is a distinct possibility that it might just be a few months away from making a triumphant return.

After all, Dogbolter is available again so there's hope. That's now produced by Gadd's brewery of course since the Firkin pubs were bought out back in 1999. I tried it at a beer festival a couple of years ago but it didn't quite taste the same as David Bruce's masterpiece.

Just had my last Thomas Hardys Ale 2006 in November. It was gooooood. :)

Archived