Highest scorers, but also the most clinical side in the league

North_Stand_Ram

The Rams have the best shot conversion rate in the league this season, at 17.7%. This is the major difference for me this season. Last term, we dominate most games, having 20+ shots not getting the goal return it deserved. This season, we're creating far fewer chances but are being more clinical, as our top scorers tally proves.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might sound a bit silly but I think the main reason is due to Eustace/Cisse. Hughes/Bryson and the strikers can be a lot more adventurous in attack and can take time finding the perfect pass rather than trying a shot from a half chance because they're worried about losing it and having to rush back and defend

Might sound a bit silly but I think the main reason is due to Eustace/Cisse. Hughes/Bryson and the strikers can be a lot more adventurous in attack and can take time finding the perfect pass rather than trying a shot from a half chance because they're worried about losing it and having to rush back and defend

I agree. It's down in part to the quality of the approach work leading to more gilt-edged chances

I'm sure 98% of fans, probably the same bunch who agreed the south stand move will be better, agree that the main thing is not having Sammon, Robinson and Tyson on the end of chances. They were as dangerous to the defenders as they were the fans sat behind the goals.

Keepers must have loved it :D even though I'd say Theo was pretty clinical, eeeee ooooorrr.

Chris Martin's got a massive clock Ooo ahhh..

nobody realised the main reason is that last season, 80% of our shots were Jamie Ward long-range efforts from outside the area?

Not as much to do with Sammon, Martin, Theo, Russell etc as it is do to with actually shooting from inside the box!

nobody realised the main reason is that last season, 80% of our shots were Jamie Ward long-range efforts from outside the area?

Not as much to do with Sammon, Martin, Theo, Russell etc as it is do to with actually shooting from inside the box!

We are certainly getting a lot more chances in the danger areas. We have scored a lot of tap ins this season. Forsyth's crosses are sometimes difficult to defend against.

Archived