Callum Ball on loan to Notts County

David

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit surprised he didn't smash it with Torquay. I think he's going to be a late developer. He'll be a League One or Championship player eventually.

He needs to smash it somewhere soon! If we're serious about promotion in the next couple of years I don't see him playing any part.

Mclaren has shown he'll be quicker to replace players than Clough, and constantly looking to improve. Think a few will have left by the summer,

Ball, Bailey, Davies, Bucko, Jacobs, freeman, Sammon, o brien, eustace, cisse, barker, ledgkins all need to earn places in the team. Can't see contracts being handed out to squad/fringe players anymore.

Don't think he'll ever make it with Derby, Rich. He's shown flashes of pretty-alright-ness at this level, and his goal against West Ham was a beauty. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the recurring theme of his weight coming into question, but I suspect he's not quite as fit as he should be, if you know what I mean. Maybe he needs to be released to get himself a bit more of a wake-up call.

Lambert and Holt went a long way after turning their careers around.

Don't think he'll ever make it with Derby, Rich. He's shown flashes of pretty-alright-ness at this level, and his goal against West Ham was a beauty. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the recurring theme of his weight coming into question, but I suspect he's not quite as fit as he should be, if you know what I mean. Maybe he needs to be released to get himself a bit more of a wake-up call.

Lambert and Holt went a long way after turning their careers around.

I agree with you, never been a big fan of ball to be honest. All it showed me at the time was how lacking in options we were, achieved nothing in any of his loan spells.

Can't believe I forgot Saul deeney! The man has stolen a career for the last four/five years x

Bit surprised he didn't smash it with Torquay. I think he's going to be a late developer. He'll be a League One or Championship player eventually.

Torquay wanted to keep him, but they couldn't afford his wages.

• 1 month later...

Archived