I'm going to buy an iron

Day

A mate of mine has had his mum do everything for him all of his life, until his now wife took over.

His mum used to creep into his room at 5am and put his clothes at the end of his bed for the day, when he was 23 years old!! When he went to Ibiza, he turned up at another mate's house with all his clothes screwed up in the boot of his car, and the mother of my mate took pity on him and ironed everything and packed his case for him.

One night, his missus had gone away for the weekend, I was at his house ready to go out, when he said "come on Mostyn, you live alone, you know how to iron, do my shirt please!". Obviously I told him to pissorf, but I'd talk him through the methodology of ironing.

Problem is, when I told him "don't be scared to press down on the iron Matty", I forgot to factor his weight and strength and he actually pushed the iron so hard into the iron board, it snapped the ratchet holding the ironing board up!

What an oaf!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never bought one in 31 years, they all look the same to me, help me out ladies what do you look for in a good iron?

One in particular or any old iron?

Archived