October Games

froggg

Milan 1-1 Barca

Really impressed with Barca tonight.. Milan played typically 5 at the back, a flat 4 in midfield and one roaming..

After an early mistake and 1-0 Milan I thought it'd be all over but Barca are finally starting to mix their game up.. They now know to play the long diagonal ball and clips over the top..

They could have easily won, Iniesta and Adriano both missed excellent opportunities.

I'd say it's definitely a 3 horse race this year.. Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid for the title.. Dortmund if they get a good run of fixtures like last year to the semi-finals and have another blinder have a chance..

As for the English teams.. None of them have the quality or spirit required to win it.. I can't imagine any of them making the semi-final letalone winning it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also amazing what one game can do to a group..

Arsenal looked in a great position before tonight.. Played 2 won 2

But with them losing at home, and Napoli winning away it looks bad for them.. In fact, they're probably now 3rd favourites to qualify despitestill being top..

Arsenal 6

Dortmund 6

Napoli 6

Marseille 0

I can see Dortmund beating Arsenal again next week and Napoli also winning.. Meaning Dortmund will only need a point fromtheir game against Marseille away to progress.. As for Arsenal, they'll be 3 points behind Napoli but having to go there for the last game needing to get something.. They really needed to avoid losing tonight.

Brum 4-4 Stoke. After extra time Carling Cup. Gone to pens

Brum have had 10 men since before half time.

Stocks win 4-2 on penalties

Brum 4-4 Stoke. After extra time Carling Cup. Gone to pens

Brum have had 10 men since before half time.

Stoke win 4-2 on penalties

0-0 ..extra time looms .. :)

edit .. ima **** , its not a cup match , sorry ..

It ended 0-0 anyway - and both sides mustered just 1 shot each on target.

Bad result for Wigan. Should be breezing past QPR. "They have stronger squad".

Good old Arry

I can't believe after only 12/13 games Wigan are 16 points behind Burnley..

I don't think they'll make that up over the season. Wigan have a decent squad they should be doing far better. I blame it on Owen Coyle, I think he's a very average manager..

Good old Arry

I can't believe after only 12/13 games Wigan are 16 points behind Burnley..

I don't think they'll make that up over the season. Wigan have a decent squad they should be doing far better. I blame it on Owen Coyle, I think he's a very average manager..

I was just about ready to type 'that's Owen Coyle' until I finished reading your post.

I'm suprised at just how ordinary they are. Just shows how many 'good managers' like Coyle and Billy Davies are suited to a certain style that doesn't really make full use of some of the better quality players.

Coyle seems pretty average and he must be living off his Burnley success a bit? I'd sack him and get a manager who likes to play a bit. Otherwise Coyle will bring in his sort of players and then they'll be as drab as the rest of the league.

Can't believe they chose him to carry on Martinez.

Been better off with Karl Robinson!

The Europa League stuff has hit them hard, not to mention Coyle has changed the style somewhat. Note the purchase of Grant Holt. Great player at this level, yes, but only if you're built to cross. He's suffering because they don't.

They're trying to build that, so the passing play is taking a hit. Replacing Kone with Holt/Fortune wasn't enough. Powell is saving them at the moment, though they do have Maloney out which isn't helping them in regard to creating anything.

Archived