As a Derby fan - I'm in shame by Clough's sacking...

twinthe_12

I'm in totally and absolutely shocked by Clough's sacking.

Our performances has been promising - luck hasn't been on our site too and at home it has shown we have missed a proven quality striker - the ones we got are fine but needs time to adapt.

We have a very young team that needs time time before they can deliver the goods.

Niigel has done a great job by bringing through young players like Hendrick and Hughes, and bought some we'd never heard of who became key players like Brayford and Bryson. When you consider the budget he was on it was a miracle that he got us top 10 last year. The boards call is surely as bad as it could be and I'm gutted to hear they have sacked Nigel. 

Board Of Directors should have looked at themselves 1st. Should have judged own results, roles and merit at the club before looking at Nigel's record. He came in and worked hard and in detail to put the club in a good forward moving position with almost no funds, Success can only come when the foundation is strong, and he built the foundation on his own, BOD have not done same likewise. Good Luck Nigel, u will bounce back. Derby County Board Of Directors, your judgment day time is coming now via FAN POWER.

I'm for sure considering my future as a fan of The Rams.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont you think this is the ending of one chapter and the bright beginning of another? As one door shuts another one opens? Is all positive

Look, I'm not going to say it's all doom and gloom - but, i'm struggling to see where we go from here.

Pulis, is a football scientist - different to Clough in every way. He has his managerial game engineered to an absolute tee, and he needs an 'image change' despite the incredible work he did with Stoke, he never even got close to the correct amount of credit.

I hope it is him, perhaps the good work by Clough added with the 'engineering finese' Pulis can offer - we could have a pretty decent hybrid - I'm clutching, but I don't see any other way.

I can see this decision going to ****, and instead of moaning about not being the top 6, now I would happily take survival which is ridiculous. 

I am truly disgusted. If things get worse from here, it is entirely due to the American's incompetence. Selling our best player, loaning a replacement and failing to sign that key centrehalf was almost unforgivable on it's own, but with Clough now gone I don't know how much patience I can have for their lack of ambition. At least while they weren't chopping and changing managers I could sit back and enjoy the ride, thinking that we were building to something.

Oh well, for their sake I hope they find an absolute miracle worker, because if they think that ticket sales dropping while we're slowly climbing the table is a problem, they should be terrified of what is to come if a new manager doesn't come in and "save the day".

Maybe we need a game changer a totally new direction something to freshen us up well the board thinks so it seems. Pulis has got the credentials he knows what brand of football to play to get a team out of this division Clough doesnt

Completely agree. 

I think unless Clough had got us relegated or done something majorly awful, there would always be sadness or disappointment when he left. Realistically, he gave it his best shot and he should feel no shame whatsoever for the effort he has put in. I like to think that Derby as a club has a far more community/family feel about it than most others and Clough was a part of that. I needed Clough to get it right, call it nostalgia, overly sentimental. Whatever, it is lacking in football today.

I am disappointed that it has ended this way. But we should not be silly about this, I think we all knew this was coming, something had to give, just surprised it was so soon. No one can deny the great platform Clough has built, where fans disagreed was if he could take us on whether that had been with further backing or without. I think the reaction shows how important his heritage actually was.

There is always the danger that a new manager could undo all of the hard work Clough has done. That would be the case no matter what (unless Clough stayed until they did wheel him out in a box). For me it can now either go onwards and upwards or we decline. That is classic Derby.

Like players, some managers thrive at certain clubs and fail at others. I wonder how many Southampton fans ditched the club when Adkins got sacked. Again we don't do the thinking positively thing, but it could just as easily be a great decision as a terrible one(we like to think in extremes).

I think unless Clough had got us relegated or done something majorly awful, there would always be sadness or disappointment when he left. Realistically, he gave it his best shot and he should feel no shame whatsoever for the effort he has put in. I like to think that Derby as a club has a far more community/family feel about it than most others and Clough was a part of that. I needed Clough to get it right, call it nostalgia, overly sentimental. Whatever, it is lacking in football today.

I am disappointed that it has ended this way. But we should not be silly about this, I think we all knew this was coming, something had to give, just surprised it was so soon. No one can deny the great platform Clough has built, where fans disagreed was if he could take us on whether that had been with further backing or without. I think the reaction shows how important his heritage actually was.

There is always the danger that a new manager could undo all of the hard work Clough has done. That would be the case no matter what (unless Clough stayed until they did wheel him out in a box). For me it can now either go onwards and upwards or we decline. That is classic Derby.

Like players, some managers thrive at certain clubs and fail at others. I wonder how many Southampton fans ditched the club when Adkins got sacked. Again we don't do the thinking positively thing, but it could just as easily be a great decision as a terrible one(we like to think in extremes).

Oh dear. Yes he worked hard. He had limited backing. He did an ok job. But he hasn't got the personality or ability to take this club to where it belongs. It should have been spotted 3 years ago. Paying supporters deserve more than a dour ;man like him.

My dad said this evening "I don't want to think about that club right now". Same for me really, I get there are people who want the premiership and didn't like Clough etc but for me everything about this was done so wrong.

Football is an emotional game, there was so much romanticism around what Clough could have done here and what so many of us hoped and hoped he was edging towards. I think a few of Clough's more harsh critics have said it hit them harder than they thought and that the human element of Clough has finally hit them.

I feel so disgusted with this club at the moment, it may be a knee jerk reaction but Derby will always be enshrined in the Colough family and this was a deplorable way for it to end.

People will say about supporting the club not the people who come and go etc, but the club is the people and when we treat them like this I don't feel it's the club I support.

My dad said this evening "I don't want to think about that club right now". Same for me really, I get there are people who want the premiership and didn't like Clough etc but for me everything about this was done so wrong.

Football is an emotional game, there was so much romanticism around what Clough could have done here and what so many of us hoped and hoped he was edging towards. I think a few of Clough's more harsh critics have said it hit them harder than they thought and that the human element of Clough has finally hit them.

I feel so disgusted with this club at the moment, it may be a knee jerk reaction but Derby will always be enshrined in the Colough family and this was a deplorable way for it to end.

People will say about supporting the club not the people who come and go etc, but the club is the people and when we treat them like this I don't feel it's the club I support.

I feel your passion. But Derby deserve better. It is a football city. More so than some of the clubs that are achieving right now. I was around in the days when we won the league twice. I was at Real Madrid. I was at Juventus. I appreciate we won't achieve that again but we deserve better!

Oh dear. Yes he worked hard. He had limited backing. He did an ok job. But he hasn't got the personality or ability to take this club to where it belongs. It should have been spotted 3 years ago. Paying supporters deserve more than a dour ;man like him.

Just trying to look at it from a few view points! I felt he had taken us as far as he could and a big change was needed somewhere.

Just trying to look at it from a few view points! I felt he had taken us as far as he could and a big change was needed somewhere.

I probably agree with you. But we have lost a lot of fans and certainly a lot of momentum. We did need someone that pushed back on the strategy of the club.

Archived