Well.....

Mafiabob

At least I got my passion for football back as I've been "meh" with it all recently, that hurt like hell today. I'm hurting because that team of footballers didn't show me any passion today. Feel agrevied, I love my Derby but starting to increasingly frustrated with this stagnation. Ah well..... "Opens a tin"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely bizarre post match interview from Clough, I think I watched a different game to him.

How on earth does Clough think anyone could be proud of that?

His post-match interview was the straw which has broken the camel's back for me. We're just going to have another trough. Again.

Absolutely bizarre post match interview from Clough, I think I watched a different game to him.

How on earth does Clough think anyone could be proud of that?

His post-match interview was the straw which has broken the camel's back for me. We're just going to have another trough. Again.

Not heard it but I guess I've heard it before after previous games. Yep had enough too!

Just a very strange reading of the game. And I'm really at a loss as to how Ward was exempt from public criticism there. Where's the consistency? I wouldn't know what to think if I was playing for him.

Really think Wardy isn't bothered this season seems disinterested

I think is better out wide or behind 1 front man, as everything gets so crowded in the middle the way we are playing, he is it his best when he is 1v1.

I agree with that but he just seems he isn't bothered

I think is better out wide or behind 1 front man, as everything gets so crowded in the middle the way we are playing, he is it his best when he is 1v1.
Kind of agree but don't think his crossing is good enough for out wide. Think he has some good passes but when we have no width at all it's easy to crowd him out of the game when he's in the middle. If he was in the middle and we had wingers it would help develop space for him. Or of he was a wide forward in a forward 3 who's job it was to cut in and join the striker. Not a winger for me.

I have watched it on tv with no sound at all, and 30 French lads...and the general feeling is that it was an awful game but we were the i it team that looked like they wanted ton play football but we lacked the quality to do so.

We had so imuch possession but honeslty after 39 minutes i said that it had 0-0 wrote all over it.

And......terrible marking for the goal.

And.....100% definite penalty which was really stupid by the captain and easily saved by grant.

The header they missed my dog would have scored.

Conclusion...0-0 would have been a fair result..

Not been to the game, not watched it, not listened to it but I've heard "rub-of-the-green", "bounce of the ball", and "luck" enough times since Clough has been here. Make your own luck in football. I'm guessing we were beaten by a top 6 team today which makes it all the more frustrating.

I have watched it on tv with no sound at all, and 30 French lads...and the general feeling is that it was an awful game but we were the i it team that looked like they wanted ton play football but we lacked the quality to do so.

We had so imuch possession but honeslty after 39 minutes i said that it had 0-0 wrote all over it.

And......terrible marking for the goal.

And.....100% definite penalty which was really stupid by the captain and easily saved by grant.

The header they missed my dog would have scored.

Conclusion...0-0 would have been a fair result..

"http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c2jhccUZaeI/T_C9OUb8lnI/AAAAAAAAAig/LjzvLORP29o/s320/Sunglasses" alt="Sunglasses">

:lol:

0-0 would have been a fair result.

Forsyth never got anywhere near Hobbs for the goal, but at least he didn't let him go again. We can't defend a set piece for anything, and in the Championship it should be the first thing you work on. We have been beaten by a top six team who are classed as a top six team due to spending some money. When your front two cost less than two million, you're not likely to push and another season looms of mid table. Interesting to see what we do now with RK out? Draft someone in for a few games? A club this size should have cover waiting for a chance. There are clubs in lower leagues who have spent more money than we have and have decent cover. What point is the club 'stable' and what point are we going to 'push'? If we're following the same model as Clough at Burton, we have another five seasons to wait!

For me its evident that we are still missing that forward who can cause defences problems...last season we blew 1.2m on a Wigan flop...this season we have brought a never has been from Norwich & a lucky dip forward from the SPL, who appears to be really struggling with the step up..

Just carnt get my head round why Nigel keeps going for these types of players when there was Vaughn & Sharp available..perhaps its a money issue..if so Huddersfield must be far better placed than us financially, or they are a more attractive proposition..

I wonder if the board still think it was worth cashing in on Brayford, for profit after Smiths loan of what? Say 750K in exchange for our right hand side threat..

Board out,, or if the money was available for players like Vaughn, Sharp, (Shackell to stay) & Clough really did sooner have the likes of Keogh, Russell then he can now fook of too, as my patience has finally snapped..

people will make excuses.

For me there was a distinct difference. One team played with purpose and a plan, another went through motions. Neither side had more passion or will to win than the other, so I cannot beat Clough with that stick. 

For their goal, did you notice that only one or two were in the box and the rest attacked the ball? Did you also notice that when we have a corner, our players stand inside the box and try and jump from a standing start to a floated corner? This is not even the most naive thing Derby do under Clough, but just another in a long list of reasons why he's not adept enough to be successful at such a high level.

I really don't see what Russell brings to be honest, at least we know ward can produce. Mind you if Russell had actually made contact with the ball and not missed it when Forsyth crossed it I guess he would be god.

every game this season I've called for an earlier substitution to mix things up at home.

Tactically NC got it all wrong again, Russell was the ONLY threat up top, dropping in to pick the ball up from midfield, obvious sub early on for me is ward for Jacobs, does the bloke even give a f*ck? If he'd had gone through that bloke they wouldn't of had the corner which led to the atrocious marking and there weak goal.

Archived