Froggg Stars in Virgin London Marathon 2014

froggg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just signed up for the Outlaw Iron Man in Nottingham next July......

Already asking myself why.... 2.4 miles swim, 110 on the bike and then a marathon.....

I will be doing it for Cancer Research UK and of course I will let you know how you can sponsor me.

Good man.

My brother-in-law (fellow season ticket holder) used to do that triathlon stuff years ago - national championships, world championships etc. It takes a very special, dedicated type of madman to do that.

How's that book coming along me owd?

up and down, i get weeks where i get loads done and i think i can finish it, then i will go almost a month with no decent stories from anywhere and i want to throw it all in the bin...

The publisher reckons at the moment we have about 60% of a book, i don't know if i have the time/energy to complete it though. especially with some of the miserably horrible things i get occasionally from so called fans.....

thanks for asking though.

Good man.

My brother-in-law (fellow season ticket holder) used to do that triathlon stuff years ago - national championships, world championships etc. It takes a very special, dedicated type of madman to do that.

went for my first swimming lesson last night....my shoulders are killing me just typing this....! only managed 25 lenghts, got to add another 120 odd to that..!

up and down, i get weeks where i get loads done and i think i can finish it, then i will go almost a month with no decent stories from anywhere and i want to throw it all in the bin...

The publisher reckons at the moment we have about 60% of a book, i don't know if i have the time/energy to complete it though. especially with some of the miserably horrible things i get occasionally from so called fans.....

thanks for asking though.

depends how big the book is going to be I guess? Some books are bigger than others, it could be a small book of short stories.

Mind you, it could be the next war and peace!

went for my first swimming lesson last night....my shoulders are killing me just typing this....! only managed 25 lenghts, got to add another 120 odd to that..!

Good luck - fabulous exercise though.

Many years ago I lost 30 kilos in 12 weeks - just by swimming (well ok, a bit of dieting too - I substituted gin and diet tonic for beer). My lunch hour was to go down the swimming baths at Loughborough and swim one mile (65 lengths of 25 metres).

Good luck - fabulous exercise though.

Many years ago I lost 30 kilos in 12 weeks - just by swimming (well ok, a bit of dieting too - I substituted gin and diet tonic for beer). My lunch hour was to go down the swimming baths at Loughborough and swim one mile (65 lengths of 25 metres).

I mamaged 36 lengths last night.....and was in agony... but at least it was an increas on the night before, everythign i read says that one day it will "click"....can't wait for that day.!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I've had to defer my place until next year, this is due to back to back injury and illness, a couple of weeks before xmas I suffered an Achilles injury which I am now almost over, I'm now unfortunately off sick with a chest infection. My suspicion is I won't be training again for anther 2-3 weeks at the earliest. Gutted :(   

Archived