Derby Uni

boucherboy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improved a lot hearing from the local people who went there, I didn't go myself, if your into getting hammered at weekends mainly late bars, stay around the Friargate end of town, city centre got everything you need. Quite a few places have some decent bands on, if that's your thing, lots of students about and plenty of accommodation about, mainly on outskirts of town centre. Not too big and not too small. Good luck and hope you get your place

Improved a lot hearing from the local people who went there, I didn't go myself, if your into getting hammered at weekends mainly late bars, stay around the Friargate end of town, city centre got everything you need. Quite a few places have some decent bands on, if that's your thing, lots of students about and plenty of accommodation about, mainly on outskirts of town centre. Not too big and not too small. Good luck and hope you get your place

The best thing about it was that I saw the buses have good links to Pride Park haha, thanks for the info!

Well it's one of the better looking universites and, from what I understand, it's improving a lot in terms of academic success. Very good for sports too. I've played against their american football team and they were/will be championship contenders (if you care) :p

Why do you need our opinion by the way? Not having a go but shouldn't you know all of this stuff through open days, etc.?

Don't expect to hear Robin Thick's song Blurred Lines on campus, the Student Union have banned it, so have Leeds & Edinburgh uni's.

There's one to debate for sure.

Hi all, hopefully going to Derby Uni next year, it's my first choice! Do any of you know much about it, go there and could tell me the positives and negatives of the place?

You've picked it as your first choice and you've come onto a football forum to ask how good it is?

Good luck at uni, sounds like you'll need it. 

Don't expect to hear Robin Thick's song Blurred Lines on campus, the Student Union have banned it, so have Leeds & Edinburgh uni's.

There's one to debate for sure.

Sounds like heaven to me, I can't stand that song. Regardless of the issues around the lyrics or whatever I just find the song really intensely annoying. If we could get people to start banning Akon, One Direction and Justin Bieber the world would be a more bearable place (for me at least!)

Dunno about the SU here in Nottingham but any student night out you go on, Blurred Lines gets played about a dozen times.

Im fairly sure they just play the same stuff over and over again every night, its always the same just varies depending on how much you drink!

Didn't go to uni but our group of mates were very good at playing students when we were in our late teens... a couple of us had a go on the Keele student union girl, she was head of this and that and won the election so blackmailing asking her to get uni cards for us all worked a treat  :lol: 

We looked so out of place in check shirts, fawn jeans and brown loafers it was unreal but at a quid eighty for a pint of lager it was brilliant and we always ended up climbing out of halls windows at 04:00 covered in foundation.

Sometimes wish i'd done it just for laughs. To be 18 eh?

Well it's one of the better looking universites and, from what I understand, it's improving a lot in terms of academic success. Very good for sports too. I've played against their american football team and they were/will be championship contenders (if you care) :p

Why do you need our opinion by the way? Not having a go but shouldn't you know all of this stuff through open days, etc.?

I have been to the open day, but I thought it's best to ask other people who may be living in the area of an opinion, as I will only get a certain opinion from the University and looking at the prospectus, which is that it's great!

You've picked it as your first choice and you've come onto a football forum to ask how good it is?

Good luck at uni, sounds like you'll need it. 

This part of the forum isn't to talk about football though... And I think it's probably good to get another perspective on the University from other people that I don't know, even if they are football fans! I have also asked in a lot of other places...

I can't help you either Im afraid - only to say that my niece goes there and she likes it.  I suppose it's what you make it yourself.

That said, Im hoping my daughter doesn't go on a Forest forum asking questions when she goes to Snottingham next year.  :angry:

Archived